View Full Version : Problems with wireless

kstixrud
09-26-2003, 04:20 PM
I have an iPaq 5550 and was able to connect to T-Mobile hotspots a few times, but now my iPaq no longer detects any Wireless hotspot -- I've tried a few different hotspots. The only thing I can think of that I have changed lately is that I downloaded the Socket DPC driver for Windows Mobile 2003 since last time I connected wirelessly. Anyone else have this problem? I also downloaded the HP PPC03 WLAN Driver Update which did not fix the problem. I don't have a WLAN connection at home or at work that I connect to, I've only tried at T-Mobile hotspots around town.

ryanmjones
09-26-2003, 04:52 PM
I had a problem with the wlan driver too. I have a 5450, so I was not supposed to apply the patch, but it froze my wifi. did you try removing it?

PeO
09-30-2003, 08:51 AM
I have installed the HP WLAN upgrade on my 5550 and it works perfectly. What happens if you try to uninstall the Socket DPC driver?

kstixrud
09-30-2003, 08:20 PM
Still the same - the wireless amber light just keeps blinking. I think I am going to have to do a hard reset and start over to get it working again, and just add things back one at a time to see where the conflict came from. It will probably take a while to figure that out since I don't have a wireless access point at home.
Oh well. I'll let you know if I discover what seemed to prevent wireless from working.
Thanks for the suggestions!

dammitjim
09-30-2003, 09:34 PM
Maybe you can try Cirond WiNc. I think there is a free download somewhere. Someone posted the link in another form here. That has helped me every time I have tried to switch between my home and work LANs.