View Full Version : Zune Clock

DaveLG526
12-28-2006, 08:30 AM
One feature that the ipod has that I wish the Zune has is a clock with multiple time zones.

Does anyone know if the Zune hardware could support a clock?

David Tucker
12-28-2006, 04:15 PM
Not only could it support a clock but it does in fact have an internal clock that the developers have just not used as part of the interface or user features. When Microsoft came out with JANUS last year part of the requirements for hardware to play the subscription based service was an internal clock since the songs expire after 30 days. The Zune DRM is just an extension of JANUS (which has been seen working on the Zune) so the only way this would work if the Zune had an internal clock.

Jason Dunn
12-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Oh, the Zune definitely knows what time it is - Microsoft just chose not to enable it to show a clock. And multiple time zone support would be cool for people that travel a lot!

DaveLG526
12-29-2006, 12:43 AM
I have a Zune but my sister received an iPod for Christmas. I was able to play and compare it to the zune. The iPod has many more neat functions but none that probably couldn't be implemented in the Zune.

The larger Zune display was superior to the ipod plus the internal FM radio was a feature absent w/o an external ipod accessory.

Not having the clock is a pain as I don't have a wristwatch. I use my cell for time information.

Easy podcast integration would be a plus too. I imagine much more is coming and I hope WiFi Zune-to-PC synchronization is planned.

Jason Dunn
12-29-2006, 01:12 AM
Not having the clock is a pain as I don't have a wristwatch. I use my cell for time information.

Yeah, I agree - I think it's ridiculous that the Zune team didn't put a clock on it. I, like you, don't wear a watch, so I rely on my small electronic devices to tell me what time it is. :D

Aaron Roma
12-29-2006, 03:50 AM
Same boat here. I never wear a watch. Not having a clock isn't a total kill, but would be a nice feature.