View Full Version : Oh no...

dkackman
09-25-2003, 10:31 PM
I just got a new 1935 last week. It has been great.

Today when I plugged it into my work desktop, via the USB sync and power cable, it beeped at me and the screen slowly faded to black. :jawdrop:

I quickly unplugged it and tried the power button. It powered back up but had been hard reset.

I can connect to the sync cable just fine, but when the power cord is plugged in: fade to black and hard reset.

Anybody had this happen to them or seen anything like it?

don

Sorry, I couldn't resist that emoticon, and it seemed approriate for the situation.

Janak Parekh
09-26-2003, 01:00 AM
Uh-oh. :( Sounds like you have a hardware problem. I'd call up HP and arrange a replacement. Either that, or the AC adapter is shot. Does the 1935 come with the separate AC-to-device adapter? Try it with that, and if the same thing happens one or the other is at fault.

--janak

dkackman
09-26-2003, 02:56 PM
Unfortunately the sync cable and power cable are combined, and there is no power only cable.

Nor do I know anybody with a 19xx iPaq around.

I think I'm gonna have to return it, and I was just starting to have so much fun with my WiFi card!

dunneldeen
09-26-2003, 07:12 PM
Return it to the store you got it from and get a new one. If you've only had it a few days it would be best to return it while you have the opportunity.