View Full Version : Word Completion - lost & found

terrypin
09-25-2003, 10:07 AM
It took me a couple of days to realise that my word completion facility had vanished. But although I therefore obviously don't use much, it does come in handy for often-used words like 'program', 'appointment', etc, so I went looking for it.

I found that it was apparently enabled correctly (in Start>Settings>Input>Word Completion>'Suggest words when entering text'. I'd already done several soft resets for various reasons recently, so I didn't bother trying that again. Instead I
- Disbaled it
- Soft reset
- Enabled it

and that did the trick.

FWIW, I've found occasionally that some features can be brought back to life that way.

Newcomer to PPC, using iPAQ 2210 (PPC 2003).

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

terrypin
09-26-2003, 05:15 PM
The darned thing has stopped working again. It's still enabled in Settings, but offering no words in any application. I'm sure I could repeat the steps described, but it's getting tedious. Anyone else with similar behaviour please? I'd like to isolate its cause.

Newcomer to PPC, Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

JustinGTP
09-26-2003, 11:25 PM
Word compeltion for the virtual keyboard and are you typing in Pocket Word or in fields/drop down boxes in forms?

-Justin

terrypin
09-27-2003, 09:47 AM
Justin: Yes, just the normal screen keyboard. And, as mentioned, any application or dialog box.

Newcomer to PPC, Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK