View Full Version : Pharos Pocket GPS Navigator with Bluetooth Reviewed at MaximumPDA

Jason Dunn
09-26-2003, 12:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.maximumpda.com/maximumpda_more.php?id=738_0_2_0' target='_blank'>http://www.maximumpda.com/maximumpd...hp?id=738_0_2_0</a><br /><br /></div>"Pharos makes a wide range of GPS solutions for almost every PocketPC on the market. While they have a number of choices for how the GPS connects to your PocketPC, let’s focus on the Bluetooth model. By using Bluetooth, your PocketPC can connect wirelessly to the GPS receiver. Many PocketPC have Bluetooth built-in. If you have a PocketPC that does not have Bluetooth built-in, you can add it by using a CompactFlash or SD Bluetooth adapter. <br /><br />The Pharos Pocket GPS Navigator with Bluetooth contains everything you will need to have GPS and Mobile Navigation on your Bluetooth compatible PocketPC. The PT200 kit contains the GPS Antenna Module, Bluetooth Cradle, Rechargeable Battery, AC Adapter, Navigation Software, Maps for the US or Canada, PDA Car Charger, Vent Mount PDA Holder for the Car, Friction Mounting Pad for the Bluetooth, and a convenient Carrying Case."

klinux
09-26-2003, 12:12 AM
I use the Pharos CF GPS module but personally find the Routis map software to be superior to that of Pharos.

Kaber
09-26-2003, 12:48 AM
I really like the new Ostia 6.0 and there Smart Site finder service. I have been using it since v3.0 and must say they have been listening, and the performace is much better now. The new 4.0 maps are nice and accurate for my area too, even listing a lot of the trails in the National Forest.

jutae
09-26-2003, 01:08 AM
It's funny that I see this post today because my cds just came in the mail. I started off with version 2 and like their newest even better; however, I wish they would implement the 3d view like TomTom Navigator. I wonder if they have a patent on that......

Mitch D
09-26-2003, 05:14 PM
I might be risking the ire of the mighty Moderators (said with the greatest respect :D ) but it looks like London Drugs will be getting these units in shortly if anyone in western canada is interested in one.

pendragn
09-26-2003, 09:56 PM
I'm this ]-[ close to getting one of these. They look so cool. The timing on that review was very good.

tk

ctmagnus
09-26-2003, 11:35 PM
I might be risking the ire of the mighty Moderators (said with the greatest respect :D ) but it looks like London Drugs will be getting these units in shortly if anyone in western canada is interested in one.

:rock on dude!: