View Full Version : Making WAVes without Record Button?

terrypin
09-24-2003, 08:53 PM
On my 2210 there is no hardware Record button. If I want to record a WAV file (for example, to place in \Windows so that I can use it as a customised wake-up alarm), it seems I have to assign Record to a button (using Settings>Buttons). Is there any other way please?

I tried using Notes, but the recording embedded in the note does not seem accessible in any way as a WAV.

Newcomer to PPC, using iPAQ 2210 (PPC 2003).

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

JonnoB
09-24-2003, 09:23 PM
I also have a 221x... and the lack of a record button and scroll-wheel/buttons is one of the few things it really lacks. You can assign a hardware button to record, but if you are doing things manually, you don't have to configure one of your buttons to do that. Simply go into Notes, create a new note and without editing any text, click on the mic button in the toolbar to bring up the audio record options.

terrypin
09-25-2003, 07:59 AM
Thanks Jonathan, but as I mentioned
"I tried using Notes, but the recording embedded in the note does not seem accessible in any way as a WAV."

Exactly how do you proceed from after creating the note, to copying its emebedded recording as a WAV file into \Windows please?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

rhmorrison
09-25-2003, 08:06 AM
Use the FREEWARE NoteM program.

terrypin
09-25-2003, 10:16 AM
Use the FREEWARE NoteM program.

Doesn't support WM2003.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

rhmorrison
09-25-2003, 10:27 AM
tried using Notes, but the recording embedded in the note does not seem accessible in any way as a WAV.
Files recorded using the Notes voice recorder are stored as Recording1.wav ... RecordingN.wav in the \My Documents folder of your PocketPC. :lol:

So, what is the problem :idea:

Do NOT embed the sound file inside a note! Use the record toolbar direct from the file view.

famousdavis
09-25-2003, 10:43 PM
I just bought SoundExplorer (http://vitotechnology.com/products/soundexplorer.html) and am finding that I like it pretty well. I initially thought I'd use it to record in MP3 format, but the 16-bit, 44khz WAV file sounds soooo much better, that I've decided to record in that format instead.

The software can assign hardware buttons to record/play etc (though I've not done that).

On my 1910, the software wheezes as it struggles to build the WAV file, which is annoying. I'd guess you'd have a better experience on your faster unit.

terrypin
09-26-2003, 07:32 AM
tried using Notes, but the recording embedded in the note does not seem accessible in any way as a WAV.
Files recorded using the Notes voice recorder are stored as Recording1.wav ... RecordingN.wav in the \My Documents folder of your PocketPC. :lol:

So, what is the problem :idea:

Do NOT embed the sound file inside a note! Use the record toolbar direct from the file view.

Thanks - got it - I had been ignoring the obvious! I'd been tapping New as my first step.

Now all I need is a way of doing that from power-off, without having to use stylus...

Newcomer to PPC, Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

--
Terry Pinnell
Hobbyist, West Sussex, UK