View Full Version : "Boycott the RIAA" day

ctmagnus
09-24-2003, 05:16 AM
I had this idea...

Howsabout everybody who feels they've been shafted by the RIAA (whether by purchasing a CD that didn't perform as expected, "not being able" to purchase a CD they wanted because it was only available in a copy-protected format, or due to the large amount of general cr@p the RIAA has been producing) goes one day (24 hours) (date yet to be decided) without purchasing music, listening to the radio/stereo/computer/digital music player, watching Muchmusic/MTV or doing anything else that might bring money into the RIAA's pockets.

Anyone interested?

Jacob
09-24-2003, 05:28 AM
goes one day (24 hours) (date yet to be decided) without purchasing music, listening to the radio/stereo/computer/digital music player, watching Muchmusic/MTV or doing anything else that might bring money into the RIAA's pockets.

Anyone interested?

lol... sounds like a regular day for me. :lol:

ctmagnus
09-24-2003, 08:32 PM
lol... sounds like a regular day for me. :lol:

Me as well. But I was in a music store yesterday and was amazed at the number of discs that bore the copy-controlled logo. 8O

slothdog
09-24-2003, 09:06 PM
Ooo, one whole day. That'll hurt 'em. :roll:

I haven't bought anything related to the RIAA in years, and I can't stand listening to the radio any more. There's plenty of fantastic music out there, it just doesn't get publicized as well.

Then again, this could just be an excuse for me to plug my "99% independent" radio station.... ;)

'course, I don't watch TV or movies either, so it could be I'm just weird. 8)

JustinGTP
09-25-2003, 05:01 AM
Weird may be the answer....

-Justin.