View Full Version : Update On TV Listing Applications

Brad Adrian
09-24-2003, 01:57 AM
You may be aware that the two most popular TV listing applications for the Pocket PC -- Pocket TV Listing and Pocket TV Browser -- have been embroiled in legal battles with TVGuide.com. Both programs got their listing data from TVGuide.com, but TVGuide.com recently reformatted their data and has demanded that Pocket TV Listing and Pocket TV Browser users stop downloading the data.

As a result, PIMCity has completely dropped development and support for Pocket TV Browser; it seems to be completely dead in the water. However, ThumbsUpSoft, the developer of Pocket TV Listing, has worked through multiple revisions and has now come up with a version that can utilize listing data from a different source.

What that means is that -- at least for now -- Pocket TV Listings is back up and running. I've been using it all through this ordeal and it seems to work just fine with the new data source. If you want to be able to grab TV listings for your Pocket PC, you can get Pocket TV Listings here (http://ptvl.thumbsupsoft.com/forums/index.php). (The newest versions are listed in the Announcements page of the discussion forums.)

easylife
09-24-2003, 02:15 AM
That's a relief. :) Anyways, Brad, I would think you might want to move this into the SOFTWARE forum (not Software) to make it a front-page post. :wink:

Brad Adrian
09-24-2003, 04:31 AM
I'm going to lock this thread and re-post it to the front page.