View Full Version : MARGI Systems Brings Wireless Functionality to New Line of HP Digital Projectors

Jason Dunn
09-23-2003, 06:16 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.margi.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.margi.com/</a><br /><br /></div>"MARGI Systems, the leading provider of mobile presentation solutions, today announced its Wireless Presenter-to-Go technology has been incorporated into the new HP Digital Projector mp3130. This collaboration marks the expansion of a licensing agreement between MARGI and HP, which was announced in June 2003 and focused on the incorporation of MARGI's wireless technology in HP's line of digital conference room projectors.<br /><br />MARGI's Wireless Presenter-to-Go is a complete hardware and software solution designed for licensing by projector, notebook computer and handheld manufacturers to enable wireless delivery of presentations to projectors. The technology enables users to conduct high-quality presentations wirelessly via any 802.11b-enabled notebook, tablet PC or handheld device, and provides organizations of all types another avenue for maximizing their investment in wireless devices."<br /><br />I have to admit that I still don't quite understand how this all works. If these new projectors use Wi-Fi, and the Pocket PC has Wi-Fi, what's MARGI's role in all this? A VGA translation layer? Software only? I keep reading these press releases, but MARGI's site doesn't seem to have any detail on exactly what their solution is and how it works. Anyone have the inside track?

ipaqabilities
09-23-2003, 06:28 PM
Jason, have you seen this?

Based on Texas Instruments’ DisplayConnect™ chipset, Wireless Presenter-to-Go provides a new platform for wireless presentations. Wireless Presenter-to-Go encompasses both a reference board for integration into projectors, and software for notebook computers and handheld devices that supports high-performance, wireless delivery of presentations to projectors using MARGI’s technology. It provides an easy to use alternative to wired presentation solutions, and supports the broadest range of computer and handheld device platforms of any wireless projection technology on the market today. It is a cost-effective, quick-to-market solution for projector and device manufacturers who want to extend wireless functionality to their customers.

Jason Dunn
09-23-2003, 06:39 PM
Jason, have you seen this?

Right, but what does this mean on the Pocket PC? Is it as simple as loading up some client software on a Wi-Fi equipped Pocket PC so that the Pocket PC can find the projector and send a VGA signal to it? MARGI hasn't done a very good job of putting the pieces together...or maybe it's the cold medication I'm on. :lol:

ipaqabilities
09-23-2003, 06:53 PM
Is it as simple as loading up some client software on a Wi-Fi equipped Pocket PC...

...that's what I'm reading into it. Whether or not that's the case... :roll: ...remains to be seen. I'll let u know if i hear anything more about this...

RickE
09-23-2003, 07:19 PM
Here is a link with a little bit more information:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/970168.asp

Tim Welch
09-23-2003, 08:42 PM
I had a play with this yesterday on a notebook with WindowsXP. The Margi Client adds a virtual (software based) monitor under your Display Settings and allows you to browse for projectors on the wireless network. Once you've found a projector you have to login - so that multiple people can't try to use one projector at the same time; or with appropriate rights you can 'kick' someone off it :twisted: