View Full Version : Is there a way to get 'Home' on PPC?

terrypin
09-23-2003, 11:44 AM
Quite often I find myself wanting the Home key. Is there any clever way of emulating it exactly? At present, if I highlight a piece of text (e.g. a long shortcut in Resco Explorer's Properties) I can't see what the beginning looks like. On my desktop I'd just click Home. Here, I tap away on the left arrow key until it comes into sight.

I can get close with <Ctl+Shift+Left arrow>, but (a) that selects the intervening text, and (b) stops at blank spaces.

Just as I can use <Ctrl+c> to copy and <Ctrl+v> to paste (very handy), I was hoping I could find a key combination to give me exactly waht Home does, i.e. place the cursor at the left most position of any line.

Newcomer to PPC, using iPAQ 2210 (PPC 2003).

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

rcobourn
09-23-2003, 12:33 PM
Well, Ctrl-Left arrow gets you left by word without selecting the text, so that's a bit better. I'd have thought that there would be a 3rd party keyboard that includes the HOME/END keys somehow, but I don't see one after a brief search.

doogald
09-23-2003, 01:24 PM
Well, Ctrl-Left arrow gets you left by word without selecting the text, so that's a bit better. I'd have thought that there would be a 3rd party keyboard that includes the HOME/END keys somehow, but I don't see one after a brief search.

Fitaly has it, actually. They just don't say "Home" and "End" - they are double left and double right arrows. Used with "Ctrl" they generally go to the top and end of a document as well.

terrypin
09-23-2003, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the fast replies both. Did try Fitaly briefly, but I'm not patiemt enough to relearn those new key positions. And I dread to think what it woud do to my already painfully slow desktop keying!

Looks like MS missed a trick there, IMO.

Newcomer to PPC, using iPAQ 2210 (PPC 2003).

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK