View Full Version : Socket support confirmed problem on 2210/2215

silentmuse
09-23-2003, 07:53 AM
Finally hearing back from Socket support regarding my Socket wifi freezeups on my 2210, they confirmed with me that they have been getting reports of this problem. They're in the process of trying to find the problem, and why it happens on some iPaqs and not others.

Anyone who's having freezes with their Socket wifi and a 2210 may want to get in touch with them at socketcom.com so they have more reference points to work with. Don't expect speedy initial response, they never did return my phone call and it took a week to return my email, but now that they've contacted me they're being speedy about it. Hopefully we'll get it all figured out...

Janak Parekh
09-23-2003, 03:26 PM
Do you have an email from them? If so, contact us via the Submit News and I'll do a frontpage post. I've heard scattered reports too...

--janak

rhsauer
09-23-2003, 04:38 PM
For what it's worth, I was having this problem on my wireless network with my socket cf card until I realized I had MAC address filtering enabled and had not configured one of the access points to allow the MAC address of the socket cf card. When I roamed near that access point, the pocket pc would, after working for a few bit, freeze up.

silentmuse
09-23-2003, 05:16 PM
I do have an email from them, but it's a fairly informal one, basically just confirming that they have been finding problems with some 2210s but not all and they're working to determine if the solution is on their end or HP's. It then just goes on to ask me for more information about my ipaq.

Perhaps I should wait for something more formal from them before posting it front page? *shrug*