View Full Version : HP ipaq H1945 questions

willij
09-23-2003, 02:12 AM
Hello: I am thinking about selling my HP Jornada 568 and getting the HP ipaq h1945. Does anyone out there have this device? Can you tell me the good things about it and the things you don't like? Also do you think going from the 568 to the h1945 is a down grade or an upgrade? With the bluetooth feature can a sync my pocket pc with my computer with ActiveSync? Does it work? I want Windows Mobile 2003. HP is not going to provide an upgrade for the Jornada 560 series. So that is another reason why I am looking at upgrading. Thanks.

JustinGTP
09-23-2003, 02:58 AM
If you look throught the threads in this forum or do a Forum Search you will alone find a lot about this topic.

-Justin,

jpjehu
09-23-2003, 05:43 AM
I really love the device! I've had it for a week and a half, and my only complaint is the 2.5 to 3.5 headphones adapter that I have to keep up with. The screen seems great to me (better than a 5455 IMHO) because of a seemingly richer color background. The wm 2003 is BY FAR a better OS - especially for playing videos on WMP9 (even than the 400Mhz Intel). If your still using an old Jornada, I would definitely encourage you to upgrade to some sort of transflective screen Pocket PC. The Jornada seemed to be the dimmest of the previous screens.

Mitchybums
09-23-2003, 03:07 PM
I bought a tosh 355 2 weeks ago, but after figuring out network/internet over wireless or wired, I brought it back, and got the ipaq 1945 with bluetooth.
It's awesome, but I do recomend getting a cardreader for the sd cards, since the access to it through activesync or even on the ipaq it self (copying from memory to sd) is very slow. Might be an issue on mine, but I use a 128mb sd card in it, and copying a 100mb movie to it over active sync takes about an hour, on a cardreader (usb 1.1) it takes about 5 mins.
Other then that, no complaints whatsoever. Good screen, and even the 266 mhz samsung cpu compared to the 300 xscale on the toshiba is faster in use.

Dont have much use for the ipaq store memory on it, but ah well, maybe I'll figure out how to get that memory freed up somehow.

I use it mainly for watching movies, and PocketScumm.
Browsing is a little to get used to, but it is great not having to hookup my laptop every time.