View Full Version : Accessing this site

jutae
09-21-2003, 09:37 PM
For the past week, I have had extreme difficulty trying to view this site )main page and forums). It says the site can not be found. Any other site works just fine. I don't know if it's a DNS problem or what. I even tried pinging the ip address with no luck. Can anyone tell me why I have this problem?

easylife
09-21-2003, 11:51 PM
A DNS problem is if you got a search page instead of this page. However, a 404 and unsuccessful pings indicate it is a server error. 8O

Janak Parekh
09-22-2003, 02:32 AM
Hmm, pings should definitely work; if that doesn't, it means it's not DNS, as you've already found the IP.

Are you behind a corporate firewall or a firewall that prevents pings? What's the IP www.pocketpcthoughts.com resolves to? I haven't had any problems, myself, so I know the server itself is OK...

--janak

jutae
09-22-2003, 03:00 AM
Yes I'm behind a firewall at home. Obviously it's working now but trust me, it hasn't been since Tues. I could ping Yahoo but not this site. I don't remember the ip address it displayed for this site but I quickly tried to ping with no luck. If it does it again, i'll emailed you guys. I have satellite internet (direcway) maybe it was something with them. I have a convergentec cf gprs modem and I could access the site with it.