View Full Version : How to receive voice calls while connected?

Pocket PC Dubai
09-21-2003, 05:29 AM
I managed to get Option GlobeTrotter GSM/GPRS PC Card (http://www.option.com/products/2_1_1_specifications.shtml)and connect it to my PC Card Expansion Pack Plus using my h5450. I am using Running Voice GSM with this combination to receive calls and surf the Internet. But I cannot do both together, while I am connected to the Internet via GPRS, I can’t receive voice call, even if the GPRS connection is idle and the RVGSM displays:

Data connection
Not ready

The Option GT should suspend the GPRS connection to receive voice calls, I am not sure what are the settings I need to do in RVGSM? I tried different things didn’t work. Anyone knows?

I appreciate your help

Pocket PC Dubai
09-27-2003, 08:43 AM
I emailed Pocket Presence Support but there was no response I connected my iPAQ to T68i via Bluetooth, and it was the same situation. I was able to stay connected, but RVGSM will not ring when there an incoming voice call, only my T68i rings. If I am not connected to GPRS both will ring! Any suggestions!

Pocket PC Dubai
09-29-2003, 01:01 PM
They responded to me with the following message:

When you have an active GPRS connection an Running Voice GSM shows Data Connection then you are not able to take any incoming calls since the communication port is occupied with the data connection. To be able to use voice and data at the same time you need some kind of multiplexing feature, we are looking into this feature but at the moment I am not sure when it can be developed.

Best regards

Magnus L. Stolt

Pocket Presence Support Team

[email protected]

We'll wait for any new update. Nevertheless RVGSM is a great application. :)