View Full Version : NetFront web browser

prismejon
09-19-2003, 11:21 PM
Just tried out NetFront (http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?productType=2&optionId=1_2_2&jid=F7D29FCDEAC197D8DCDFB1BAX492D5A8&platformId=2&siteId=1&productId=47769§ionId=0&catalog=30&txtSearch=netfront) by Access co., and must say I'm really impressed. This is what PIE should have been like!

The experience is like surfing on a desktop computer, but with a smaller resolution. The zoom feature helps a little with "wide" web-sites. They could have added the possibilty to remove the address bar and use full-screen mode though.

I guess the dream of surfing in landscape mode (without the use of software that requires a soft reset) is a little into the future, but if you use your ppc for surfing NetFront is really worth a try!

doogald
09-20-2003, 02:04 AM
I guess the dream of surfing in landscape mode (without the use of software that requires a soft reset) is a little into the future...

Not really, if you don't mind licensing Bitstream Thunderhawk.

rhsauer
09-23-2003, 04:41 PM
Anyone have any idea when version 3.1 of the Netfront Browser will be released? There are several problems with PPC 2003 that I'm expecting to be fixed, e.g., frames don't work and no drop down history list. I was hoping the update would be released in September.