View Full Version : Problem with IPAQ

kel_cheng
09-18-2003, 09:12 PM
with my ipaq 2210, if I let it auto-shutoff after waking up for an alarm, the next time I turn it on, it would turn off in less than 2 seconds. What I meant is:

1. set up auto-shutdown on battery = 3 mins
2. set up alarm, turn off IPAQ
3. IPAQ turned on @ alarm time
4. leave it there for 3 mins => IPAQ shutdown
5. turn it on again and IPAQ is turned off right away

Does this just happen to my device? Can somebody else try on his / her 2210/2215? :cry:

kel_cheng
09-18-2003, 09:59 PM
am I the only one experiencing this problem then??
That makes me feel like an 0X

griph
09-19-2003, 05:28 PM
am I the only one experiencing this problem then??
That makes me feel like an 0X

I haven't noticed this problem yet - only had the 2210 three days - I have had a problem of the alarm not going off the first day - not used the alarm since - but will let you know if it happens to me. I'm interested that you have the 2210 and not the 2215 - understood the 2210 was UK(English) and the 2215 US(English).

kel_cheng
09-19-2003, 07:55 PM
Thanks. I hard-reset my device, and tried to reproduce the same problem, but everything seems okay now (except, yeah, alarm doesn't always trigger turning on the device)

Btw, 2210s are models from direct-sale, and 2215s are through distributors (or something like that). It doesn't mean sales in different countries, and the specs are exactly the same.

griph
09-19-2003, 09:16 PM
Thanks. I hard-reset my device, and tried to reproduce the same problem, but everything seems okay now (except, yeah, alarm doesn't always trigger turning on the device)

Btw, 2210s are models from direct-sale, and 2215s are through distributors (or something like that). It doesn't mean sales in different countries, and the specs are exactly the same.

OK - Thanks for the clarification! Glad to see you are getting somewhere - just the alarm bug to sort out. Will report any odd behaviour. However, having been using OmegaOne Battery Bar for a while - I offloaded it and reloaded SBP's Pocket Plus which I have been using before (on the 3870) - I seemed thereafter to get a few issues with Activestink - the 2210 started hanging on removal from the cradle. For the time being I have unloaded that and gone back to BatteryBar.

griph
09-19-2003, 09:18 PM
I've just noticed the new 'neophyte' use. When did this come into use?

kel_cheng
09-20-2003, 11:20 PM
What is the neophyte you referred to?
:?:

I have small problems here or there too with Activestink. Sometimes, it just wouldn't connect unless I unplug the USB cable and put it in a different slot (I've 2 USB connectors from my laptop). :twisted:

griph
09-21-2003, 01:28 AM
What is the neophyte you referred to?
:?:

Sorry - in the side bar to you message, below your User Name, is the ranking of Pocket PC Neophyte. I just hadn't noticed the use of that term before. It was just an aside.

GreasyP
09-21-2003, 04:46 PM
I get the same problem (turning off right after turning on) if I turn on the password screen. If I turn the password screen off, it doesn't do it anymore. I'm debating whether it's worth contacting tech support--I have some really sensitive stuff on my 2215, but if it ever did (*shudder*) get stolen, most of the important stuff is on the SD card anyway so password protection wouldn't really help. In any case, it's an annoyance on an otherwise wonderful new handheld.

JustinGTP
09-22-2003, 05:13 AM
Neophyte

It means that they are really new to the forum.

-Justin.

Janak Parekh
09-22-2003, 04:07 PM
I've just noticed the new 'neophyte' use. When did this come into use?
Let's stay ontopic, but just FYI, Jason gave up the "Just joined for contests" moniker because he was getting too many questions, and replaced it with the Pocket PC Neophyte term.

kel_cheng, it's possible the behavior you describe may be caused by apps you have installed, and the hard reset cleaned things out. Make sure you're running the latest versions of any apps, especially system-level ones.

--janak