View Full Version : eVB Runtime for Pocket PC 2003

werner_s
09-18-2003, 11:55 AM
2 Axim X5 users upgraded eVB. 1 user still complains:
After upgrading eVB runtime (download from Microsoft), program won't run because: Failed to load resource dll: MSDEARN.DLL.
Does that have to do with 'regional settings' or 'ADOCE' files?
Or are chances just 50/50 that an eVB program for 2002 will work on Windows Mobile 2003 (+eVB upgrade)?
Or do I have to distribute 2002 ADO files with my program?
Anyone any idea?

Peter Foot
09-19-2003, 12:24 PM
2 Axim X5 users upgraded eVB. 1 user still complains:
After upgrading eVB runtime (download from Microsoft), program won't run because: Failed to load resource dll: MSDEARN.DLL.
Does that have to do with 'regional settings' or 'ADOCE' files?
Or are chances just 50/50 that an eVB program for 2002 will work on Windows Mobile 2003 (+eVB upgrade)?
Or do I have to distribute 2002 ADO files with my program?
Anyone any idea?

Pocket PC 2003 does not include ADOCE in ROM anymore either so you may need to distribute the control with your application.

Peter

rocky_raher
08-17-2004, 04:31 PM
Pocket PC 2003 does not include ADOCE in ROM anymore either so you may need to distribute the control with your application.

Peter

I just upgraded my Samsung SPH-i700 to WM2003, and a Forward Pass application that uses ADOCE stopped working. I've been searching for an ADOCE install, without success. What can I do to restore ADOCE to my PPC? TIA!

rocky_raher
08-17-2004, 07:45 PM
What can I do to restore ADOCE to my PPC?

After a little more search of the forums, I found a post by pivo, dated June 18, 2003, in the Software forum, topic "Dell and Pocket PC 2003," in which he gives the url on Microsoft's site for the download of eMbedded Visual Basic Runtime for 2003, which includes ADOCE. The url he gave was redirected to http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/windowsmobile/downloads/evb.aspx. It provides a cab file with the needed drivers.

Thank you, pivo!!!
:D