View Full Version : I Cannot Access Money From Today Screen I Need Help

KenClunk
09-17-2003, 11:59 PM
On the today screen it has my money acoount summaries however when i click on the shortcut to open it it says that it cannot find the shorcut target. I may have erased the shortcut target somehw. Does anyone know where the target should be. Where are all of the money shorctcuts in your Pocket PC and what are the exact names of them. Also does anyone know a good Today screen shorcut menu that does not reset itslf to default settings with a reset like the "handy shorcuts" Thank You Very Much. :?

Kati Compton
09-18-2003, 12:17 AM
Can you open Money by going into Start > Programs?

Jon Westfall
09-18-2003, 03:08 AM
Did you try reinstalling money? that would restore the shortcuts. I know Money asks if you want to overwrite your data when you reinstall, just choose no.

On another note, when I saw your title of this post, I really had hoped you figured out how to get your pocket pc to spit money out at you, and were simply letting us know of a bug with the cash dispensement.

Good Luck on fixing your money problems.

KenClunk
09-18-2003, 04:26 AM
Yes i have reinstalled it however i think because i am running it on a 2003 all of the shortcuts do not go where they need to. I can access Money from programs or any where else there is a shortcut just not on the Money section of the today screen (where it show the acct balances) Thank You To All That Reply

Jimmy Dodd
09-18-2003, 02:09 PM
Are you using the the new version of Pocket Money or did you install the old one using the workaround? I know that if you use the workaround to install the CAB file by hand on a WM/PPC 2003 device the shortcuts aren't set up for you.

karinatwork
09-18-2003, 04:04 PM
This happened to me when I installed money onto my storage card. Then someone told me that Pocket Money has to be installed into the main memory, and in fact, it worked.

Hope that helps.

Karin

KenClunk
09-19-2003, 09:04 AM
Can everyone who has money either on a 2003 or 2002 Pocket PC do a search and just tell me where all the shortcuts are located. In all directorys that you find anything to do with money THANK YOU ALL.

Jimmy Dodd
09-26-2003, 04:25 PM
Can everyone who has money either on a 2003 or 2002 Pocket PC do a search and just tell me where all the shortcuts are located. In all directorys that you find anything to do with money THANK YOU ALL.

If you create a shortcut to Money in the \WIndows\Start Menu\Programs folder and name it Microsoft Money.lnk then tapping the Today screen item should launch Money. The link itself should point to \Windows\moneyce.exe.

I had to load Money on my (mostly dormant) V37 to get this info, so I hope this helps.