View Full Version : H1930 Won't access my network

zippy2003
09-17-2003, 10:16 PM
I'm new to this PDA game, and have been trying to get my H1930 to access my network. This is proving difficult (for me anyway).

I've looked on t'internet for a guide on how to do this, and cannot find much.

I'm trying to access network shares on my small network of three PC's - all on a workgroup. My PDA is hooked up to one PC via the Sync cable. I've checked the options in Active Sync and it all seems hunky dorey.

The bit I struggle with is the setting up on the pocket PC. I've tried a whole number of VPN settings and network driver settings, but to no avail.

I've tried using PocketLANce and this seems to find my network fine, however when I use the Pocket Explorer, or Resco Explorer the network cannot be found.

Am I missing something v.obvious here or what? :oops:

rzanology
09-17-2003, 10:24 PM
Well...try this...while having the ipaq docked. Launch the file explorer...the last icon to the right is the network mapping option...or what the hell ever you want to call it. Click that and try it there. for example... \\hostname\share\share\share\....and so on...you should get through that way. Also im not sure if this has anything to do with it, but go to settings...connection and try changing the network card option to "network" instead of "internet" good luck.

zippy2003
09-17-2003, 10:29 PM
This is where i get a problem...

Whenever I try and enter a share;

e.g. \\ZIPPY\DOCS

I am told the Network Path cannot be found, followed by a message stating that I may not have permission to view the folder.

I'm sure it's something super simple here........ :?:

rzanology
09-17-2003, 10:33 PM
lol yea it is something very simple...but...i know not what it is! I know if you connect to your network via bluetooth or wifi that option works fine...i just tried it. When i connected it to the cradle i got the same error. So i dont know whats going on there. Sorry i can't help.

zippy2003
09-18-2003, 07:46 AM
Dag nabit.....

Come on folks, someone must know what i need to do???? :roll: