View Full Version : Software to play .mp3 audiobooks?

heyday
09-17-2003, 05:44 PM
Just wondering if anyone can suggest software for the PPC that can handle large .mp3 files such as Audio Books. I record Rush Limbaugh everyday to .mp3 and it is a pain to listen to sometimes cause I lose my place and making it do a search can take forver.

What I really want is something like Audible..... I don't think you can convert to .aa format but someone has got to have a comparible solution with .mp3...

Any ideas?

heyday

Jolard
09-17-2003, 06:18 PM
While I hesitate to help someone who listens to Rush ( :wink: Just Kidding) I know the problem you face. It is awful when you stop listening at one point, but then have to fast forward forever.

First off, with Media player, you can start at any place in the file you want, just drag the scroll bar along the bottom. Media player will play mp3's just fine.

Another solution that I have used is a freeware app called HJSplit. http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/. You can use this to split mp3 files into more manageable chunks. I usually break mp3's into 5 minute chunks, that way I don't have to fast forward too far at any one time, and you just set up your player to play each chuck in sequence.

One thing to be careful of though, HJsplit doesn't handle variable bitrate mp3's very well, so make sure you are only using it on constant bitrate mp3's, and you shouldn't have a problem.

kevdawg2003
09-17-2003, 09:55 PM
pocket music. it's got a great bookmark feature.