View Full Version : Wordpefect Help!

DustyLBottoms
09-17-2003, 05:52 AM
my (hopefully) eventually to be father-in-law said I would immese favor in his eyes if I could find a reader/processor that would read Wordperfect files, anybody know where I can find that?! I've searched pretty exhaustively to no avail.

help please!!!!

Bruno Figueiredo
09-17-2003, 12:16 PM
Are you talking about PC or PPC versions? Word can read Wordperfect documents in ages. You can then convert it to doc files and take them with you on a PPC.

DustyLBottoms
09-17-2003, 01:56 PM
For PPC. are you saying I can open a WP doc in Word on my desktop and the save it as a regular word file?

rhmorrison
09-17-2003, 02:09 PM
For PPC. are you saying I can open a WP doc in Word on my desktop and the save it as a regular word file?
YES... Both WP 5.x and 6.x are supported as in IMPORT filter. Also Works 4.x, Ami Pro, etcetera.

rzanology
09-18-2003, 01:10 PM
about time for you to uninstall word perfect and get office. Something that actully works!

PetiteFlower
09-18-2003, 01:29 PM
Word Perfect works perfectly well. I used it for many years. I don't use it anymore because I got a new computer, and most of the things that annoyed me about Word have been fixed, and Word came free with the computer. But I never had any problems with it, there's nothing wrong with the program itself. Did everything I needed and then some. Just because it's not M$ doesn't mean it doesn't work.

rzanology
09-18-2003, 01:35 PM
tell that to the dude that started the post....not me