View Full Version : BargainPDA Hits PC Expo

Janak Parekh
09-17-2003, 04:30 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=1619' target='_blank'>http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=1619</a><br /><br /></div>BargainPDA went to PC Expo today -- and tried to hound the manufacturers for upcoming device news, with mixed success.<br /><br />"I asked them [Dell] of any new Axim releases they might want to fill us in on. And then I was told that anything said in answer to that question was confidential and not to be discussed or released on our website...and I know they check bargainPDA because they referenced the fact we had posted this article to which I sheepishly admitted we had (information in that article we posted was leaked by a Polish website). So now just imagine me with a scarf in my mouth and hands tied behind a chair with all the information you'd love to know."<br /><br />Nevertheless, some interesting tidbits came out, so take a look. I'll be on the show floor tomorrow morning/afternoon with my camera, so look for me! ;)

maximus
09-17-2003, 05:01 AM
Nevertheless, some interesting tidbits came out, so take a look. I'll be on the show floor tomorrow morning/afternoon with my camera, so look for me! ;)

Post the pictures ! :D If you see Mitac's booth ... take several shots of the Mitac Mio 728 for me ...

Janak Parekh
09-17-2003, 05:29 AM
Of course I'll post the pictures. You think I'm taking pictures just to hoard? ;)

--janak

TomB
09-17-2003, 06:21 AM
Janak, did we go to the same PCExpo today? Where did you see anything? They few companies that were there didn't have anything to show and the few techs who were there couldn't "talk." So what is the point of this show? If you can tell me where I can see the new MS Smartphones or ANYTHING I would be a happy camper. How about the Concord Eye-Q Go Wireless camera, Gameboard EGB-10, Nikon D2H or Panasonic D-snap SV-AS10:

http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/2/0,3363,i=28313,00.jpg

Where is this stuff? I think it is the same place Microsoft, Casio, Intel, Adobe and almost any other past PCExpo exhibitor you can think of was - not there! If you have some locations on ANYTHING please let me know where I can find it! As of now, this show is a bust and the worst I have ever been to. I am VERY disappointed...

EDIT: I just found out that the few things that have appeared in the tech press are NOT at the expo but at a special press event Monday.

Janak Parekh
09-17-2003, 11:43 PM
Janak, did we go to the same PCExpo today?
Yes, we did. :cry: I had the intention of taking pictures, but there was no handheld stuff to take pictures of. :cry: I didn't have time to make the Monday press conference, unfortunately.

I do have some off-topic pics I'll post, though.

--janak

JoeP
09-18-2003, 01:33 AM
I was at TechXNY today. It is now apparent that this is no longer "PC Expo". The only PC's I saw were laptops and none were for sale. There were a number people providing services but little in the way of interesting software and hardware. Major vendors I recall: AMD, Olympus, and HP (I didn't see any PDA's!). Otherwise it was a tiny showing. I did a full circuit of the aisles in 30 minutes. Heck no one was handing out bags but then again there wasn't much to pickup and put in one. Given the number and quality of vendors, this may be the last TechXNY event.