View Full Version : The most common question STILL I need your help

Felcas
09-16-2003, 05:41 PM
I am looking for some good PDAs to develop a new product here in Brasil and I would like to know what you think about the PDAs that is currently at market today.

My needs: performace, reliability, capable to conect other equipaments throught USB and capable of readign CF card type I and II (this last two can be made throught some kind of acessories) and battery life.

What is I donīt need at all: bluetooth and wireless conectivity.

Soo what you recomend?

Thanks a lot

TopDog
09-16-2003, 05:48 PM
If you don't need bluetooth or WLAN at all... Dell Axim. Cheap and good.

I would like to take a look at those MyPal's, but there's nobody selling them here in Scandinavia :-(

upplepop
09-16-2003, 06:43 PM
I don't think it is necessary for you to post the same question in two (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18144&highlight=) different forums here on PPCT.

David Prahl
09-16-2003, 06:57 PM
The only Pocket PC (right now) (I think) that comes with native USB support and a CF slot is the Toshiba e740/750. They're pretty pricey, though, and have wireless.

I LOVE my Axim X5, but you'd need to fill up the CompactFlash slot to get USB functionality. I don't think that's what they need. Unfortunately the Toshiba e750 looks like the only option. And USB is added by sticking a $100 adapted on the bottom.

There WAS a Pocket PC I saw a picture of recently that had a USB plug on the bottom, but I don't remember which one.

maximus
09-17-2003, 03:13 AM
If you don't need bluetooth or WLAN at all... Dell Axim. Cheap and good.

I would like to take a look at those MyPal's, but there's nobody selling them here in Scandinavia :-(

The mypal 600s only have SD slot (no CF), and the 620 only have CF slot (no SD) ... what a strange combination.

My needs: performace, reliability, capable to conect other equipaments throught USB

If you need internal USB, you have to wait for the upcoming PPCs with PXA26x ...