View Full Version : Restoring data to replacement 5450

ChristopherTD
09-16-2003, 03:29 PM
HP are shipping me a replacement 5450 tomorrow to replace my faulty one.

I am happy with the procedure of restoring my data, applications and partnership. I have done this several times, but this was always to the same device that the data had been backed up on.

However I just wanted to check to see if there are any other special procedures when restoring to a different device (same hardware).

Will applications that were activated (dare I mention MS Reader) detect the changed hardware and require reactivation or will it behave like a "normal" restore?

Any other gotchas that I need to look out for?

Thanks

Bob Anderson
09-16-2003, 05:31 PM
From what I've read on this site and others, the biggest and most important issue might just be what version of ROM you get back from HP. If the 5450 that you had was 1.xx and the new one is 1.yy, simply restoring may not work too well... in a case like that you may have to reinstall all the apps.

ChristopherTD
09-17-2003, 09:17 AM
I guess I can flash the ROM to 1.11.19 before I restore. That would ensure they were at the same level.

It seems that I have a few days grace before I ship the old 5450 back so I should be able to make it work in that time!

Thanks