View Full Version : Newer Yahoo Messenger for Wi-Fi???

RePoMaN
09-16-2003, 02:35 AM
Does anyone know if there will be a newer Yahoo messanger for Wi-fi?? i tried the one for cf modems.. not knowing that u needed one and was all pissed off.. let me know if there will be anything new?

RePoMaN
09-20-2003, 03:31 AM
anyone?

Dave Beauvais
09-20-2003, 04:05 AM
I don't think anyone really has any idea what Yahoo may be doing in the future with regard to mobile versions of its Messenger software. The previous version for Pocket PCs no longer connects to their network no matter how you connect to the Internet. Most of the people I instant message use MSN/Windows Messenger now, so I can use the MSN Messenger client that's included in the Pocket PC 2002/2003 ROM so I no longer miss Yahoo.

--Dave

rcobourn
09-20-2003, 07:54 PM
There are some 3rd party apps which connect to Yahoo. I'm using one called "Instant Messenger+" that does MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, and AIM. It's generally a pretty weak app, but it usually connects. Whether it will continue to connect after MSN and Yahoo make there phony "security" updates in the next several weeks is anybody's guess.

RePoMaN
10-05-2003, 10:55 PM
well the reason im looking for that is everyone i know uses that. soo.. :roll: :grouphug: yahoo better make something.. lol

noworries
02-20-2004, 04:52 PM
So has anyone found a Yahoo IM software for the Pocket pc? I did a search on .... "Instant Messenger+" that does MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, and AIM. and did not find it.

Any chance you could give some more feedback on this software of a better option?

Thanks. :?:

rcobourn
02-20-2004, 07:00 PM
Check out VeriChat (http://www.pdaapps.com/verichat/default.html).

noworries
02-20-2004, 07:57 PM
Is there a free software like this? (ie Yahoo IM for the PC...but one for the PDA). Thanks for the quick reply. :?:

Steven Cedrone
02-20-2004, 09:09 PM
Imov Messenger Basic (http://www.movsoftware.com/products/imov/imov.htm) is free, not sure about it though (used to be JabberCE). Donload at the bottom of page...

Steve

noworries
02-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Imov Messenger Basic is free, not sure about it though (used to be JabberCE). Donload at the bottom of page

Looks good.
Has anyone used this before or know where I could find some reviews on this product before using it? :?:

Thanks again for your help.