View Full Version : 5550 - New Owner needs help with Bluetooth/Nokia 6310

SiCro
09-15-2003, 12:34 PM
Hi,

I'm the proud new owner or an iPAQ 5550 and I'm struggling with something that's probably pretty basic. I want to use Bluetooth to connect to my Nokia 6310 to access the internet/emails away from the office.

What I've done
Paired the devices (iPAQ and Nokia)
Successfully set up a connection (Modem = Bluetooth Dialup Modem)
Opened IE to see if it auto dials out

What Happens
The phone asks me to accept the connection, it then connects OK, the number then displays on the phone's screen and it (I assume tries to dial out). I then the tones that indicate the number is incorrect. Well I know it's not correct as it the number I use to connect to my ISP (Tiscali) on my desktop. When I dial it manually on the phone I can hear their modem chirping away.

What am I doing wrong? Help much appreciated.

SiCro
09-15-2003, 01:42 PM
Update on progress ....

Doh! I thought I was going to use my 'normal' ISP. I've just twigged that GPRS is a different way to access the net.

Anyone in this position should just call their mobile network service provider and ask their tech dept to talk them through the setup process.

O2 (my provider) talked me through setting up the GPRS modem settings (defining the access point values) and the iPAQ 5550 setting (connections, dial string modem commands etc.)

Still not working though because my phone is a work mobile and I need authorisation from someone to get GPRS services enabled. Fortunately I know this person quite well so this shouldn't be an issue :lol:

Now on to the next problem....

SiCro
09-15-2003, 02:02 PM
This is what helped me:

http://www.rittman.net/stories/2003/07/08/bluetoothAndGprsWithTheHpIpaq5450AndNokia6310i.html

for destructions....useful I think regardless of phone model or service provider.