View Full Version : Happy Birthday to me!

DimensionZero
09-15-2003, 02:26 AM
Hehe, well, yesterday anyways.
But that's not the point of the post..

The REAL reason is what I GOT for my birthday!!

An HP 2210!!! YEY!!

So Jason, I forsee a cheque in the mail to you soon!
=)

Now to load up on all the cool toys and programs!!

Janak Parekh
09-15-2003, 02:27 AM
Congratulations! :new-bday:

That's an awesome gift -- enjoy it. :mrgreen:

--janak

Ed Hansberry
09-15-2003, 02:51 AM
Hehe, well, yesterday anyways.
But that's not the point of the post..

An HP 2210!!! YEY!!
Awesome! :way to go:

Jason Dunn
09-15-2003, 05:12 AM
An HP 2210!!! YEY!!

Woo-hoo! Happy Birthday! :mrgreen:

maximus
09-15-2003, 05:28 AM
Doh. And I only got a cake for my birthday.

Kati Compton
09-15-2003, 06:05 AM
I got a whole year added to my age for my birthday... :silly:

DimensionZero
09-15-2003, 07:45 AM
LOL, yeah... I get that too. Seems to be some kind of side effect to the Birthday thing... Hopefully someone, someday will have a cure for that.

:wink:

Fishie
09-15-2003, 08:50 AM
My birthday was may21th and I got an Ipaq 1910 for my birthday from a Korean family I was staying over at in New Jersey.
Had to decide between that and a Zire71.
Have an ipaq 2215 now wich I bought myself during my last trip to the US a few weeks ago.

maximus
09-15-2003, 09:34 AM
My birthday was may21th and I got an Ipaq 1910 for my birthday from a Korean family I was staying over at in New Jersey.
Have an ipaq 2215 now wich I bought myself during my last trip to the US a few weeks ago.

You stayed at their place, and they bought you gift ?
Usually when I stayed at a friend's place, I bought them gift.
I must have stayed at the wrong house.
:mrgreen:

Paula
09-15-2003, 10:58 AM
I got a whole year added to my age for my birthday... :silly:

Kati,
I'll see your added year and raise you 2 new gray hairs (and I don't mean rabbits) for my birthday less than a month ago. :lol:

Oh I almost forgot, Happy Birthday and big Wahoo for the gift you got DimensionZero. :mrgreen:

Cheers
Paula

Janak Parekh
09-15-2003, 06:47 PM
I'll see your added year and raise you 2 new gray hairs (and I don't mean rabbits) for my birthday less than a month ago. :lol:
Just 2!?!? I've had grey hair since the 8th grade. My friend found the first one in a Home Ec class. 8O

--janak

Fishie
09-15-2003, 07:30 PM

You stayed at their place, and they bought you gift ?
Usually when I stayed at a friend's place, I bought them gift.
I must have stayed at the wrong house.
:mrgreen:

Yeah seriously.
They are good friends of mine and every year after E3 I do a stop over in NYc to be with them before heading back to Belgium.
They are way too nice to me.

dammitjim
09-15-2003, 08:31 PM
So, my bday is tomorrow :multi: and I've been nagging everyone in my family to put the money together and get me the 2215 for once and for all. Is it bad that I went to my fiance's apartment last Friday to bring her flowers and fix her washer and dryer. As I looked all over the place for a vase, I walked into the living room and for my surprise, there it was. An HP Shopping box laying on the coffee table. I didn't read the note on the top of the box and finished up with the stuff I was trying to do. When she walked in, I was just finishing up the flower arrangement and was laughing 'cause I was so happy she got me that for my bday (which is tomorrow) and she asked: What are those flowers for? And since I didn't want her to think I had seen the box and the flowers were to thank her for it, I said I was just thankful for her coming over to my place the night before and console me since my grandma passed away.
In the midst of all these happenings, is it bad that I have my hopes up that in that box is the one thing I've been wanting to buy for over 2 months? And of course, she asked me last night if she should wait to give me my present when my parents came which is Friday. I was like: "You give me my present the day of my bday :wink: !!
I'll let you guys know what the box contains...

Janak Parekh
09-15-2003, 08:38 PM
Good luck. :D I just held a 2215 for the first time, and damn! it's small.

(Sorry to hear about your grandma, though.)

--janak

Paula
09-16-2003, 08:32 AM
Damnitjim,
Sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. And I do hope you dream machine is in that box.

Janak,
Oh I have many more gray hairs to keep the other 2 company. :wink:

I haven't held a 2215 yet, but I did get my girly mits on a 1930 at work last week and to be honest it is a bit too thin. But I loved the overall size, speed and clarity of the screen. I didn't want to give it back. :?

Adding: The screen is a bit off-shade when tilted. It isn't really yellow, it is more of an antique parchmant color, very pretty.

Cheers
Paula

dammitjim
09-16-2003, 06:31 PM
First of all, thank you for your sympathy messages. :angel:
Yes, I got this huge very nicely wrapped box last night. :new-bday: The bad news is that I can't open it for another 7 hours, because it's at my house and I am not supposed to open it until I get home and my family is with us. *sigh* Oh yeah, I wanted to open the sucker last night (very carefully) and just wrap it back up :wink:
I can't wait to type up a response on it and post it on here.

nice_micael
09-16-2003, 07:27 PM
Enjoy it !!! My birthday is coming up next week! :D

DimensionZero
09-16-2003, 07:39 PM
Woo! Birthdays and iPAQs for everyone!!

I am loving this little guy! So much fun!
Haha!! Now to get that GPS and WiFi card!

dammitjim
09-16-2003, 07:49 PM
I just hope that the gift is what I am expecting it to be. I shook it pretty hard, but nothing moved inside. I already ordered me 256MB CF card from Amazon for $39.99 and am looking for the SD Wi-Fi card (somewhere around 100 bucks).

Mark Kenepp
09-16-2003, 08:40 PM
Just 2!?!? I've had grey hair since the 8th grade. My friend found the first one in a Home Ec class. 8O
Home Ec?

Thinking back to 8th grade, I think Home Ec would have given me gray hairs as well :wink:

Good thing I wasn't required to take it :D

And Happy Birthday to everyone who wants one :new-bday:

Janak Parekh
09-16-2003, 08:54 PM
Home Ec?
Well, our school was different and we called it "Home & Careers". I think. And it was required. I managed to sew OK, but I couldn't cook back then to save my soul. ;)

(Apologies for going OT...)

--janak

dammitjim
09-17-2003, 02:55 AM
YESSSS!!! 28 years ago I was born and today, my h2215 was born... and I'm going to take care of it like my little baby :wink:
It's sooo exciting to hold this little thing in your hand. All the posts about how beautiful this item is are soooo true!
I think I'm going to go lay down because after many many beers, I think I can wait the 4 hours for the iPaq to charge. Long live the h2215!!!