View Full Version : VGA expansion port is BAD??

none1
09-14-2003, 11:45 PM
OK, I got a Toshiba 755. Its fast, built in wireless is cool.

BUT

I occasionally need to do real work at higher resolutions. For example, I want to type at 640X480 or web browse at 800X600.

So I get the Toshiba expansion pack, has USB, and VGA out, SPECS SAY the Toshiba video chip can do 800X600 .... but I can't get anything other than the standard PocketPC resolutions.

Any thoughts? HELP!

cooldw57
10-16-2003, 09:23 PM
THere are software you could use to change the Pocket PC resolution, I tried two and they both worls well.

One is JS_Landscape, it does everything you need for screen resolution change, just do a google search, it's fairly cheap too.

The other one is dotpocket, and a bit more expensive but it does a lot more too.

I havent used them with Toshiba Xpansion pack, but I'm going to try now

cooldw57
10-16-2003, 10:20 PM
YES IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I changed my resolution on my Pocket PC to 640X480 with landscape using JS_Landscape, then attached the TOshiba Expansion Pack and plugged in the VGA connector. IT WORKS!!! My monitor which is hooked up using IA Screen Mirror displays website at 640 by 480.

One problem though, there are interference on the monitor screen, is it because the WiFi is disturbing the signal or could it be the poor VGA cord quality?