View Full Version : Anyone out there with an upgraded 3955??

dcharles18
09-14-2003, 01:37 PM
After months of waiting my CD finally arrived. I'm having lots of issues with it, is there anyone else out there who upgraded their 3955? Is everything working properly for you?

dhettel
09-14-2003, 02:38 PM
I upgraded a 3970, that would be yours with bluetooth. Can't say I had much in the way of problems. What things are you seeing?

David

dcharles18
09-14-2003, 02:50 PM
Very odd thing, but if you look up at where the connection icon is on the start bar in actually flashes the PPC Phone Edition signal strength icon after a soft reset. I'm having difficulty with today pluggins across the board, Journal Bar in particular. I had to do one hard reset already because it just would not sync, no matter what I tried.

On the plus side, I installed the socket WiFi CF driver and it worked great with my symbol card.

Chris Spera
09-14-2003, 03:07 PM
WM2003 is a completely different OS as its based on CE.net and not Windows CE like the OS you upgraded FROM.

That being the case, items like Today Plug-Ins are going to be problematic. There is an upgrade to Journal Bar that fixes compatibility issues with WM2003. Contact Omega One to get your upgrade. That should do the trick there.

Youi're going to see some compatibility issues. Somesoftware just won't work. Most will, however.

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

dcharles18
09-14-2003, 03:29 PM
WM2003 is a completely different OS as its based on CE.net and not Windows CE like the OS you upgraded FROM.

That being the case, items like Today Plug-Ins are going to be problematic. There is an upgrade to Journal Bar that fixes compatibility issues with WM2003. Contact Omega One to get your upgrade. That should do the trick there.

Youi're going to see some compatibility issues. Somesoftware just won't work. Most will, however.

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

Yeah, I'm finding some of that stuff out the hard way. I had to nix Calendar Plus for now, it wasn't playing nice at all. Is the Journal bar fix a patch that gets added in or is it just the updated version? I checked and I have 1.4.2 installed, which is the latest offered from Handango.

Thanks ;)