View Full Version : Speaker louder on the 555x?

backdoc94
09-14-2003, 09:21 AM
The volume on my 5455 is much less than on my 3975. This really is a problem with my mapping software voice cues. I have tried 3 different 5455s and the problem seems to be wiht the model itself even after I downloaded the volume patch. Is the 555x any louder?

09-14-2003, 02:33 PM
the speaker on the 5550 is not loud at all. it really bothers me that you can't get some consistency with the models. one model has a great feature (nevo?) and the next one doesn't. once you introduce a feature, then leave it in.

stevew
09-16-2003, 09:10 PM
Speaker volume is the only complaint I have with my HP5555. In a half noisy enviroment I can't even hear my reminder alarms going off. This really puzzles me how they can send these PPC's out with such a low speaker volume. I mean using the PPC for a PIM to include the reminder alarms is one of the main reasons many users buy a PDA/PPC. These things should have volumes that you may need to turn down not have to keep it maxed out just so you can hear your alarm go off over car noise, street noice, noisy office enviroment ect. Why can't they at least make it as loud as a cell phone ringer? The only thing that saves me is the new vibration feature for reminder alarms.

disconnected
09-16-2003, 09:53 PM
I have the same problem with Mapopolis. It was fine on my 3975, but with the 5555 I've had to use one of those cassette adapters plugged into the car cassette player. (Actually it was quite a surprise to hear the voice through the car audio system. It's not just louder; it sounds like a completely different voice).