View Full Version : vpn

ALP
09-13-2003, 12:59 PM
I just bought a 2210 and there is no problem to connet internet via gprs. My company uses cisco vpn3000 and connection from laptop is ok but i am not able to use same tools for my wm2003 vpn program. Are they competible ?

prismejon
09-13-2003, 05:11 PM
As far as I know, the VPN that comes with PocketPC 2002 and Windows Mobile 2003 does not support connecting to cisco concentrators.

At my university we use MovianVPN (http://www.certicom.com/products/movian/movianvpn.html) to connect to the WiFi network (they also use cisco) with PocketPCs. It costs approximately $30 and they have a trial version. The only problem is that it doesn't support WM2003...!

Does anybody know of a VPN client thats supports cisco concentrators and WM2003? I have the WM2003 upgrade cd for my Toshiba e755, but I want to be able to use the WiFi at my university..

dungsport
09-14-2003, 03:05 AM
I've got the same situation. I used OS 2003 before and use MovianVPN to log on to the network. It said the connection is ok but I couldn't connect to the Internet.

Then I upgraded to WM2003 which can connect to the network but can do nothing.

I have a copy of Movian for OS2002, who want it please post your email here.

PS: I'm sorry if there's any tatency.

Anyone has solution, please help. My PPC use Sandisk Wifi card with WM2003

Kash76
09-15-2003, 02:27 AM
I would love to hit my work vpn remotely using my 3955 w/2003. Does anyone know if Movian is working on a solution for us??

TECHIUM
09-15-2003, 05:38 AM
Well, here's something that's been bothering me. I've never had an issue making a PPTP or IPSec tunnel before. However, with WM2003 I'm unable to establish a tunnel to any PPTP or IPSec VPN endpoint. The support documentation on Microsoft's web site is of no help, as their suggestion only relates to PPC2002. Additionally the new implementation of connection manager negates the incredibly detailed PPC VPN info found here: http://www.oecadvantage.net/ajarvi/PpcVPN.html So if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to here them. FYI I connect via bt from an h2215 to a t68i. I can use rd, vnc, citrix, PIE, ping, tracert, etc. to any IP/site. However no dice on creating a tunnel :evil: . Almost makes me consider turning on my old e740. After upgrading the ROM, never had an issue, not that I like Toshiba mind you.

ALP
09-15-2003, 06:52 PM
If anybody finds solution, I would like to hear it, thanks

-jon-
09-16-2003, 10:47 AM
I have the same problem. We have Cisco Pix firewall and I can not establish connection to our private network via internet. We were using Movian VPN for PPC2002. The situation is different in WM2003. When you start installation of movian ppc2002 version to wm2002 there is a request to perform soft reset. After this step only initial screen appears and nothing more - progress bar (loading OS) is in the end - soft reset is useless at this moment. You have to perform hard reset - isn't it great? I have contact some people from Certicom and they said they're working on a new version for wm2003. We must probably wait.

When I try establish connection to our system via build-in vpn client with PPTP protocol ... Cisco PIX returned record with message the support for MPPE encryption is required ... any advice?

Thank's.