View Full Version : E330 and Socket Wireless SD card ?

MacBriar
09-12-2003, 09:20 PM
Hi all
I was just wondering if anyone knew whether a e330 would work with the Socket Wireless SD card, I have had an e330 for about 9 months now (replaced broken Jornada 568) and I love the size. However I would really like WiFi and need to know if the Socket card would work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ewan Mackie

nolonemo
09-12-2003, 11:08 PM
I don't think the e330 has SDIO Now! which is required for the Socket card. Will Toshiba issue a ROM update now that it has licensed the SDIO Now! technology? Who knows? There was an extended thread on the SanDisk Wi-Fi card apparently not working in the e330 on another forum. Check here:

http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87156

portnoy
09-13-2003, 05:35 PM
I don't think the e330 has SDIO Now! which is required for the Socket card. Will Toshiba issue a ROM update now that it has licensed the SDIO Now! technology? Who knows? There was an extended thread on the SanDisk Wi-Fi card apparently not working in the e330 on another forum. Check here:

http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87156Apparently the Sandisk WiFi card does not require SDIO Now!, but doesn't seem to work for some other reason. If Toshiba would cooperate maybe that problem could be resolved. Talking with Toshiba PDA tech support has been encouraging, but I don't know if they "walk the walk" or just "talk the talk".

I would encourage anyone that has interest in this to call the Toshiba PDA support line and make their views known to Toshiba. Also mention that Toshiba support might want to monitor these forums. The forums are an excellent body of information that companies really should learn to take advantage of. Also let them know that they are no longer dealing with uninformed customers but instead large groups of customers that routinely compare notes and share information. The days where a company can tell every single customer that they are the only ones that have that particular concern are long gone and the companies need to know that.