View Full Version : Initial Battery Charge question 2215

delfuhd
09-11-2003, 10:37 PM
Well I know there have been threads on this before, but I can't find any.

My 2200 came just today, and it's sitting in it's cradle, not hooked up to the PC, and it's fully charged. It's been charging for about 2 1/2 hours now, and is charged..

The thing says to leave it charging for 4 hours..

My quesiton is that if I were to use the iPAQ now because heaven knows I cannot wait, will it affect the battery life since if I did't leave it the whole 4 hours?

TIA! :D

Janak Parekh
09-11-2003, 11:02 PM
I personally believe you should be able to use it now, but wait the 4 hours -- your conscience won't bother you that way. :lol:

Go eat something, watch TV. Just get away physically from the 2215. That's the only way not to hopelessly stare at it and the clock.

--janak

maximus
09-12-2003, 02:04 AM
Temptation temptation.

On the day I got my axim, I have exactly the same problem. Play with it ? Nah .. let it charge. MUST PLAY WITH IT NOW!!! Naaaah .. let it charge. Basically what I did is put the axim inside a drawer, and locked the drawer. It is out of my sight alright, but it is still on my mind !

I ended up running on threadmill for 2+ hours, with a hard rock music on my ear :oops:

Steven Cedrone
09-12-2003, 03:25 AM
I let mine charge for a long time... Almost 8 hours.... I just kept visiting and telling my Jornada that I was sorry... :roll:

Anyway, it's all about antici...

pation... :wink:

Have fun with it!!!

Steve

delfuhd
09-12-2003, 10:20 AM
lol well I broke down. I waited another 45 minutes, for a total of about 3 hrs. 15 minutes charge, and couldn't wait any longer. I popped it out and played...

:dilemma:
I'm just trying to asure myself that the 4 hours was merely a suggestion, because there really are a lot of directions outt here for various products that are 'just to make sure you do it right.' and well my assumption is that when a battery is fully charged, it can't really get more fully charged. lol I mean, the solid amber light can't get any more solid, right?

I hope so.

Well it's off to school with my new 2200. :multi: My pocket pc peers will prominently preview it and susceptibly sweeten their mouths with saliva as I show them sweet sweet heaven. woo! :rotfl:

KiLLiN-TiMe
09-12-2003, 10:41 AM
lol well I broke down. I waited another 45 minutes, for a total of about 3 hrs. 15 minutes charge, and couldn't wait any longer. I popped it out and played...

It's not as big of a deal as it use to be....
If the battery wont keep a charge in a few months....
Go buy a new battery!!!!
You didn't use to be able to do that.
It would have ment a trip back to the factory for repair.