View Full Version : Dell 2003 Upgrade Delayed

oldan
09-11-2003, 06:30 PM
Sigh

So Dell checked with me back in July to tell me that they'd like to cancel my order or ship me my 2K3 upgrade (yes, the one I ordered on june 23rd) in August. Ok, says I. Please don't cancel my order. Ship it then.

August came and they were back on the phone telling me they'd like to cancel my order or ship it to me in September. Ok, says I. Plesae don't cancel my order. Ship it then.

Now I check on their website and I see they haven't bothered to call me any more. They just posted a delay and would like to ship the upgrade CD to me in October -- the END of October. Ok, says I. Please don't cancel my order. but by golly SHIP IT THEN! :!:

Is there anyone I can call to see if t hey'd like to through in a free SD memory card or perhaps that new 3Gb Compact Flash card??

I'm really getting tired of waiting for something I ordered months ago. The potential of an upgrade was why I ordered my Dell Axim in the first place. Otherwse, I'd have gone to HP. :cry:

dh
09-11-2003, 06:35 PM
I seem to remember getting a phone call from Dell way back telling me that my upgrade would be shipped early September. Have heard nothing since so I don't even know if my order exists or not.

To be honest I don't really care. I have just the apps I want on my Axim and everything is working great. I get the feeling that upgrading will just mean going through another long fine tuning process.

I think I'd just as soon wait and get a 2003 model later in the year.

Having said that, if my CD should arrive today, I'm sure I would go ahead and install it.

maximus
09-12-2003, 02:35 AM
If it is not broken, why fix it ? :D

Anyone responding with W?BIC will be considered moot. :mrgreeeeeeeeeen:

dh
09-12-2003, 03:25 AM
If it is not broken, why fix it ? :D

Anyone responding with W?BIC will be considered moot. :mrgreeeeeeeeeen:

I agree with you 100%. There is no point at all to upgrade. However, I know full well that if I have the Dell CD in my hand.......no it's not in my hand....... it's in the drive on my Thinkpad....... I'm connecting the Axim........I'm clicking on the UPGRADE NOW button.........

See, I know it may not be smart to do, but I won't be able to resist.

DrewCPU
09-13-2003, 05:13 PM
I just checked the Dell website for an update on my upgrade, and they say that it will ship October 28 (I ordered it July 5)!!!! It will now 3.5 months from when I ordered it to when I get it (assuming that they hold up their end this time). I don't even understand what the problem is, It's the same hardware as the new Axims that they are rolling out... how hard can it be?!?

As for all of you who are saying not to fix it if it ain't broken, I agree. However, with the amount of wireless access I am doing, the Zero-Config Wi-Fi and enhanced connection manager sound pretty good to me.

In either case, I think I (and everybody else in the same situation) deserve some sort of bonus for wating so long. I wouldn't mind getting another memory card for my troubles.

dbman
09-18-2003, 09:15 PM
Just received and installed my upgrade. Everything went smoothly.