View Full Version : $7.00 SOLUTION FOR CARRYING PPCPE IN CAR

urologyhealth
09-11-2003, 02:44 PM
I tried one of those vent mounts and it never seemed to stay steady and was getting ready to order a windshield mount when I found this sticky pad at COMPUSA and have used it successfully for a week now on my right arm side on a rest. Check it out it's really simple and doesn't move.

http://www.handstands.com/Retail/stickypad.html

Jon Westfall
09-11-2003, 03:16 PM
I just can't adhere anything like this to my baby. I'm partial to windshield mounts, however the vent mounts are the best I can find without permanent marking/damaging. Also, not to brag or anything, but my car doesn't even have a place on the dash to adhere things (Damn Cadillacs... they just love putting leather and wood paneling in them all over the place).

Recently, I found out something great about my PPCPE, which is my reason for posting...

I had always assumed that if you plugged anything into the headphone jack, it would disable the internal microphone. Well, I was wrong. I bought a cheap 2.5mm male to 3.5mm female adapter at Radio Shack (I have the exact part num. if anyone needs it), and hooked it up to my cassette tape adapter. Now I can hear my callers through my stereo (for cheap - had the tape adapter and the adapter at radio shack cost $3.99) and by simply sliding the upper part of the XDA under my sun visor, My callers can hear me very very well, and I just have a small thin black cord hanging down. If you're looking for a simple hands-free solution, here it is. Only problem is you can't see the screen, which is why I'me getting a windsheild mount.

jemichael
11-30-2003, 11:06 AM
I have this, it doesnt leave any residue. I move it around all the time to different places on the car. dashboard, armrest when charging. It is very convienient. Trust me it doesnt hurt it. My baby is a 99 Lexus GS :)