View Full Version : Outlook reminder time bug?

terrypin
09-11-2003, 10:48 AM
Not sure if this is an issue with Outlook 2002, PI, ActiveSync, or what...

With my 2210 in its cradle, I added a new task to Outlook 2002 on my PC, 'Call Hospital', and gave it a reminder time 5 minutes ahead (09:40).

On viewing 'Call Hospital' on my PPC (in Pocket Informant and in Pocket Outlook), it has a reminder time of 08:00. I recognise that as the standard, fixed time that you get when you create a new task in Pocket Outlook. But why has this not been over-ridden by my PC Outlook entry?

Is it a bug, or just a design flaw please?

Newcomer to PPC, using iPAQ 2210 (PPC 2003).

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

BugDude10
09-11-2003, 05:51 PM
Pocket Outlook sets all Tasks reminders for 8:00 a.m., irrespective of the alarm time set on the desktop.

(I thought this was a stupid idea initially, since I use Tasks throughout the day on my desktop PC, and find the ability to schedule them at various times to be useful. However, upon further consideration, I think the Pocket Outlook method works best for PDAs, since I wouldn't want my Pocket PC going off throughout the day. If I want a particular Task to go off at a later time, I either Snooze it until later in the day, or simply schedule the reminder as a Calendar entry. My $0.02.)

terrypin
09-12-2003, 04:03 PM
Thanks. I understood the fixed time point, but had assumed that would be over-ruled by Outlook syncing from PC. FWIW, I also have Pocket Informant installed.

I see your point, but, for now at least, while I'm testing anjd experimenting, I'd prefer timed task alarms.

And how about folk who sleep late? <g>

Newcomer to PPC, using iPAQ 2210 (PPC 2003).

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

scargill
09-14-2003, 10:45 PM
And how about folk who sleep late? <g>

Like me....grrrrr. I don't have to get up until 8:45 (to be at work at 9:30) so the alarm going off can be quite annoying....more so in "all day calander events" than tasks.
Last time was even worse because I left PocketMVP on playing an MP3, so I was woken up by Bright Eyes playing at full volume with my alarm going insane at 8am.