View Full Version : Who uses the record button?

townsendtribe
09-10-2003, 10:33 PM
I remember when I had my iPAQ, I used the record button a lot. With my Axim it is not as simple or responsive, so I don't use it as much. I am wondering if this is a trend, because if you look at the iPAQ 22xx series, it doesn't even have a record button on it.

So here we go. I'll take a poll.

nclwireless
09-10-2003, 10:35 PM
The last time I used it was 2 days ago.

I was flying Concorde from London to New York and I wanted to record the cabin announcements and the engines on take off.

Worked rather well.

Jason Dunn
09-10-2003, 11:09 PM
I used to use it all the time, but when I moved to the XDA, I was weaned off it. Then when I moved to another device, I didn't use it much.

There's a missing piece of software that would make the recording much more useful to me...I'll do a front page post about it.

Shadowcat
09-10-2003, 11:12 PM
I had a H3600 and I used the record button all the time, only not for recording. I remapped it to Windows Media Player :wink:. Now I have a H2200 and all I've done is map WMP to the Inbox button, so I don't miss the record button at all. It's always nice to have an extra button, but I have to admit it's much easier to hold a PDA without a record button on the side!

townsendtribe
09-10-2003, 11:16 PM
There's a missing piece of software that would make the recording much more useful to me...I'll do a front page post about it.

I'm looking forward to that ;-)

piperpilot
09-10-2003, 11:53 PM
I use it all the time . . . by accident! It seems that I'm always creating voice notes when I have my iPAQ in my pants pocket. :devilboy:

spursdude
09-11-2003, 12:11 AM
I've remapped my record button to WMP, so I use it a lot, usually every day

CTSLICK
09-11-2003, 12:16 AM
I use it on Axim everyday...ever since I re-mapped it to PocketInformant Alarm Notes :way to go:

delfuhd
09-11-2003, 12:30 AM
I mapped mine to Magic SS (http://www.louterrailloune.com/magicss.html) but I don't use it htat much.. My h2200 is coming friday via Fedex, so by then I'll be totally off it, but I guess while I still probablyt will use my 3850 every now and then, I'll map it to WMP or something.

brntcrsp
09-11-2003, 01:17 AM
I've remapped it to other more common functions for me. Voice notes aren't something that I really ever use. I normally write it out (in Notes) if it's worth remembering.

Doug Rausch
09-11-2003, 02:35 AM
I use it on Axim everyday...ever since I re-mapped it to PocketInformant Alarm Notes :way to go:

Same here - the ability to use it to write a note or hold it in for an audio message while I'm driving is great.

Jeff Rutledge
09-11-2003, 03:03 AM
I hardly ever use mine. I probably haven't recorded a voice memo in at least 2-3 months. But I won't map it to another app. The minute I do I know I'll have that "can't forget" thought in the car. :wink:

dean_shan
09-11-2003, 07:02 AM
I mapped mine to NoteM (http://www.geocities.com/zavorine/wince/mp3.htm). I use it all most every day. I don't use it for voice notes but I record/archive things during the day. (Messages, Sermons, Seminars, Meetings, Lectures, etc)

Stephen Beesley
09-11-2003, 09:21 AM
I hardly ever use mine. I probably haven't recorded a voice memo in at least 2-3 months. But I won't map it to another app. The minute I do I know I'll have that "can't forget" thought in the car. :wink:

I guess that pretty much sums up my position as well - I never really use it but I cannot bring myself to remap the button "just in case".....

Goldtee

rzanology
09-11-2003, 12:56 PM
I use the record feature EVERYDAY!!!! how else am i supposed to get sleep in class and not miss what was said???? :) I have the 2215 so i reprogramed the inbox button to my note button...that works well!

PoweriPaq
09-11-2003, 05:52 PM
I use it daily, whenever I'm on the bookstore, I need to jot something down real quick. Whenever I'm shopping for some stuff and find a good price. Whenever I have an idea, I wrote it down. Whenever my wife need me to write her ideas, I use it. Though I don't use it to record voices, it's just mostly a shortcut to jotting down notes.

Mona13
09-11-2003, 11:39 PM
It's great when someone is giving me a phone number. I can record it for later. Or, when I'm driving and can't write it down.

jide
09-12-2003, 02:11 AM
I also used it all the time, by accident, and on my e740 the recording just goes on and on and on until I'm out of memory, or power. I've disabled the button.

dean_shan
09-16-2003, 04:08 AM
I also used it all the time, by accident, and on my e740 the recording just goes on and on and on until I'm out of memory, or power. I've disabled the button.

Airplane security does that every time they search me (the random checks where they mark your ticket). When take it out to do the explosives test they always press the button and start recording.

ctmagnus
09-16-2003, 08:19 AM
I remapped mine on day one. It's now my "scroll down" button for ebooks, websites etc and a screen blanker in WMP9.

bjornkeizers
09-16-2003, 09:08 AM
I use it every five minutes :D I've set my 1915's record button to launch StarTap.

Don't Panic!
09-16-2003, 07:42 PM
I use it to play MSKR, Darxide EMP, and Battle Marine. It a handy button to have.

Don't Panic!
Bobby