View Full Version : Storing Email Attachments on Card

55Kevy
09-10-2003, 02:27 AM
I recently acquired an SD card and thought I'd finally use the 'store attachments on storage card' option. My reasoning was that I could keep main memory uncluttered and still use my CF modem to RAS in for my email.

However, there seems to be no way to direct outlook to store on the SD card. When I checked the option, a folder was created on my CF card that is /Inbox.mst[numberstring].[numberstring]/Mail Attachments. Is there a way to direct this to the SD card?

Thanks!

Kevin

chunkymonkey75
09-10-2003, 03:16 AM
You may want to check out the following thread:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14270&highlight=email+attachments

55Kevy
09-10-2003, 06:33 PM
Thank-you for the help. I posted the same message on Brighthand and received similar advice. I was loath to edit the registry as I am not computer-savvy. However, I did the following:

Followed the instructions at www.phm.lu/PocketPC/RegTweak...weak.asp?ref=49 to change the name of my SD card. Didn't see any change w/Resco Explorer on either CF or SD cards. Went back and deleted the tweak to change names.

Deleted the Inbox.mstxxxxx.xxxx folder from the CF card (after unchecking the 'store attachments' option).

Removed and reinstalled both storage cards, SD first, then CF.

Checked the 'store attachments' option.

Now have Inbox.mst.xxxxxxx.xxxxx on my SD card!! So I didn't seem to make any changes, but have the desired result.

Now I just have to hope that it remains this way!

K