View Full Version : Fit In Your Pocket - press release

FIYP
09-09-2003, 05:26 PM
Fit In Your Pocket, Inc. Announces the Release of Fit In Your Pocket™, an Extremely Powerful Fitness and Nutrition Software Package for Windows® and Pocket PC.

Fit In Your Pocket, Inc., a software development and marketing firm, has announced the release of an innovative new product, Fit In Your Pocket™, an extremely powerful fitness and nutrition software package for Window® and Pocket PC.

"Fit In Your Pocket is an extremely flexible, interactive tool that functions like a personal trainer in the palm of your hand. It also provides complete and easy to use meal tracking and nutritional analysis so that users can enhance the effectiveness of both their diet and exercise plan in one convenient package." said James Cox, President and Chief Technical Officer.

The Fit In Your Pocket software package comes with both Pocket PC software and a Windows® desktop application. Whether working out at the gym, at home, or even outdoors, the portability of the Pocket PC platform allows users to have Fit In Your Pocket™ with them, providing motivation and guidance, and recording their progress. The Pocket PC can also be on hand at meal times, so that users can easily track their nutritional intake. On the desktop, Fit In Your Pocket™ provides for detailed examination of users’ workout and dietary histories, and offers a comprehensive set of tools for creating and modifying exercise programs. An extensive database of nutritional information is also provided, and users can easily add new foods and create customized menu items that make it easy to track their diet.

Fit In Your Pocket™ is adaptable for use with any type of exercise program. Many standard workout routines are provided with the application, providing an immediately satisfying experience for first-time users. An unlimited variety of custom tailored workouts may also be created with the software. The unique power of this package is in its unparalleled ability to customize the user’s workout experience. The desktop application allows the user to define and modify workouts, including the ability to define all aspects of the Pocket PC screens that the user interacts with while working out. New workout interfaces may be created so that the information presented, and the on-screen controls that the user interacts with can be tailored to match any requirements.

Fit In Your Pocket™ is designed both for individuals and for fitness and nutrition professionals. The application is designed to handle data from multiple users, allowing professionals to easily track all of their clients’ progress. For fitness professionals, the Pocket PC functions as a surrogate personal trainer, guiding clients through their workouts, providing motivation, and recording their progress. The fitness professional can then use the desktop application to evaluate each client’s progress in detail, allowing them to provide the advice and exercise program modifications that will most benefit the client. A larger client base can consequently be handled with the effectiveness that previously could only be attained by constant hands-on presence. For nutrition professionals, the application makes it easy to collect detailed dietary histories from each client, and to create custom menu items that their clients can use.

Fit In Your Pocket™ makes it easy to share customized exercise programs and food items with other Fit In Your Pocket™ users. The Fit In Your Pocket, Inc. web site has a special area for registered users where they can share information and discuss fitness and nutrition issues, and create a supportive online fitness community.

Fit In Your Pocket, Inc. is committed to providing the most powerful and flexible software for fitness and nutrition, and putting this power right in the user's pocket. For more information, please visit www.FitInYourPocket.com (http://www.FitInYourPocket.com).

Jereboam
09-09-2003, 06:30 PM
Although I am interested in your software, there is no way that I am even going to download the trial if there are no screenshots made available on your site...I appreciate that you are just getting going, but this I think is quite crucial. We like good looking programs. A copy to PPCT for a review perhaps? :wink:

And having to sign up and then log in just to get the trial is going to turn people away too...

Please don't be offended by my comments, they are intended as constructive criticism.

Also be aware that a price point of $99 might price you right out of the market. Not many Pocket PC applications come anywhere near that cost, and many are significantly cheaper. I assume you are really aiming at professionals such as personal trainers and so on, but if so then you are excluding the large majority of PPC users.

Looking forward to seeing more...none of the fitness programs I have tried quite do it for me...

J

FIYP
10-01-2003, 04:48 PM
At Fit In Your Pocket we have received numerous requests to provide further product information on our web site, and we have been working hard to address this issue.

We are happy to announce that the Fit In Your Pocket web site now includes a detailed overview and reviewer's guide for our software package. This guide includes many screenshots and provides a detailed description of the product's features. You can go to this guide directly at www.FitInYourPocket.com/WebStore/FDO_Contents.aspx. We hope that this addition to our web site will prove useful in answering your questions about our product.

We greatly appreciate your time and consideration!

FIYP
www.FitInYourPocket.com