View Full Version : Screen protectors and Transcriber

Stephen Beesley
09-09-2003, 11:10 AM
Well I have finally bitten the bullet and installed a screen protector on my Jornada. I cannot say that I am particularly impressed with the brand that I ended up trying which is called Crystal Writer and seems to be a generic version of the Write right protectors.

Although on my second attempt I managed to get the protector on without any big bubbles it seems to leave a mottled pattern of hundreds of micro bubbles that I just cannot shift. This makes the screen pretty much unreadable - ahh well you get what you pay for I guess. From the start I was a bit dubious about them, but they were about the only ones I could actually find in the shops here in Ireland. I think I am going to end up ordering somthing of the Web. I know that on my Newton the Screen protector I used was of the non-stick variety so I will probably try something like that next.

Anyway the real reason for this post was just to note my astonishment at the improvement in HWR performance I have achieved with Transcriber since installing the Screen Protector. It seems that the extra drag created by the Protector has helped slow down my writting and maybe given my letters more definition or something - whatever it has finally made HWR on my Jornada approach that on my beloved Newton!

Looks like I am hooked on screen protection now I just have to find one that still allows me to see the screen :D

Goldtee

Anyway

townsendtribe
09-09-2003, 11:57 PM
I have been very pleased with the Screen Protector I just received. I bought the G2 from http://www.pdascreenprotectors.com and aside from the pain in the butt it was to install, the clearity and the feel are perfect. Not to mention that they say you can even rub it with steel wool and not scratch it :-D

If you ask me, the G2 is awesome. It is nicely priced, and tough as nails, if installation was only easier I would have to say it was a must.

Stephen Beesley
09-10-2003, 09:29 AM
I have been very pleased with the Screen Protector I just received. I bought the G2 from http://www.pdascreenprotectors.com and aside from the pain in the butt it was to install, the clearity and the feel are perfect. Not to mention that they say you can even rub it with steel wool and not scratch it :-D

If you ask me, the G2 is awesome. It is nicely priced, and tough as nails, if installation was only easier I would have to say it was a must.

Thanks for the link - I have read some reviews and this looks like it might be just about what I am after.

Goldtee

nosmohtac
09-11-2003, 01:58 AM
I have used the WriteShields from PPCTechs, and am currently using ClearTouch from Boxwave. They are both excellent screen protectors, and they install very easily with no bubbles. They both cost about 30 USD for a package of 3. This sounds quite expensive, but you can easily get 3 to 6 months use out of each one.