View Full Version : simple Q, simple A?: BT Headset or no?

Canuck
09-07-2003, 10:49 PM
I've read some very long posts on the above and I just want it in black and white...

The idea is keep the nokia 6310i in the bag, the 2215 in hand, with a jabra to answer calls, and dialing done by voice or via BT using the ipaq.

Is this possible? I don't want to blow the money on the headset for nothing.

Thanks!

- Derek, Toronto

jimski
09-08-2003, 06:38 AM
Yes, at least with my setup I can.

I can keep my T68i clipped to my belt and my Motorola headset on my ear. Headset is bonded to phone and phone is bonded to my 5450.

I can voice dial through the headset or dial through my PPC. I have done this a few times without a problem, but consider this more W?BIC tahn really being practical.

Voice dialing is fine, but to dial with the PPC, first I need to have Bluetooth activated (which I don't always keep on) and then find the number and then tap and hold for the contest menu and then tap "Dial via Bluetooth" and then wait for the call to go through. So while it works, sometimes it's just easier to lookup the number (if I don't already know it) and dial it on the cellphone.

Just my 2 cents.

Canuck
09-08-2003, 02:01 PM
Great, that's all I needed to know. And you're right about the W?BIC, though I am getting sick of all the batman comments for having too much junk hanging off my belt.

When will they make a scott e-suit or e-blazer? :wink: