View Full Version : port com unavailable

tewmgd
09-07-2003, 12:32 PM
Hi,

I've no idea why it's happen but since few days when my Windows XP Pro powered PC start I've a "port com unavailable" message from ActivSync and after I click on "OK" the connection wizard begins.

Matthieu

Kati Compton
09-07-2003, 01:31 PM
I've no idea why it's happen but since few days when my Windows XP Pro powered PC start I've a "port com unavailable" message from ActivSync and after I click on "OK" the connection wizard begins.

Does it work after the connection wizard phase? Is there a possibility your cradle/cable is unplugged? Or are you trying to sync wirelessly?

tewmgd
09-07-2003, 02:01 PM
Does it work after the connection wizard phase? Is there a possibility your cradle/cable is unplugged? Or are you trying to sync wirelessly?

Thanks for your answer Kati.

1. No it doesn't work after the wizard
2. Yes I've a bluetooth activsync connection. It works for several weeks before this glitch.

With USB it works but I loved so much my bluetooth sync :cry:

Kati Compton
09-07-2003, 02:08 PM
Okay - I'm going to move this post to the wireless forum - hopefully someone there will be able to help.

Janak Parekh
09-07-2003, 06:01 PM
Sounds like your BT adapter/Pocket PC partnership is no longer bound to the COM port it was originally assigned to. Repartner your Pocket PC and your desktop, establish the serial connection, verify which COM port it is, and see if that makes any difference.

--janak

tewmgd
09-08-2003, 12:16 AM
Thanks Janak, Hopefully I avoid to repartner my ppc. I reinstall bluetooth driver and relaunch the connection wizard. No success. But after a USB sync, I retry and it works ! :roll: