View Full Version : Pocket Artist vs Pocket Painter vs Photogenics - which is the best?

bazza
09-07-2003, 03:17 AM
Thinking about one of the above programs for my PPC. Which is the best?

Thanks.

:robot:

bmhome1
09-07-2003, 05:34 AM
I have both Pocket Artist and Photogenics and am glad to have both. Each has features, strengths and weaknesses. Even for my primary purpose in having photo editing and correcting capability on my 3950, each approaches that specific task function very differently. Also file saves for each application differs in what is available.

One thing to be aware of is that both are VERY resource intensive and can slow to a crawl when free RAM dips or the action is complex. I am thinking of having adding the extra RAM from PPC Techs to 128MB for larger photo files because both choke on +2MB images and have to downsize to 50% file size to even open them.

At the cost of these programs, using the trial period is really necessary to see what "feels" right for you. Both are amazing applications and stretch the capabilities of the PPC like no other program.

Also, another application to check out is iPaint from www.cobaltinteractive.com.

JustinGTP
09-07-2003, 05:49 AM
I love Pocket Artist, I plan to buy it soon. Maybe I will check out the other ones you people mentioned!

-Justin.