View Full Version : very happy but still very confused

dave3
09-05-2003, 09:31 PM
about my 5555...
very happy...

leap works FINALLY after waiting for all these months!!! Connected painlessly and within minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very confused...
1.by spontaneous hard resets and unwanted power offs
2. more confused because just as suddenly as the problem came it went away + has not been happening anymore.
3. belkin ir keyboard driver not ppc 2003 supported..how much longer must I wait for this?
4. usr with windows xp ics... for a while it worked now it doesnt ...damn its sooooo frustrating. Should I abandon this idea all together and go with a more hardware based solution?

flame away all You want I just wanted these things to work. Any suggestions?

JustinGTP
09-05-2003, 10:07 PM
Answer to the Belkin Wireless Keyboard:

Keep on looking on their site as they are working on a driver, see more
<a target="_blank" href="http://www.handheldcanada.com/Main.asp?D={3157D0BC-AAF8-40AF-B6DA-041F24FE8F17}&PageType=Product&CategoryID=-1&SKU=BK0004&PageNumber=1">
here</a>

Belkin is currently testing a new driver for Window Mobile 2003 devices. The driver soon will be available for download from the Belkin website.

Hope that helps.

Justin.
0X

Kevin C. Tofel
09-05-2003, 11:21 PM
about my 5555...
very happy...

leap works FINALLY after waiting for all these months!!! Connected painlessly and within minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question: what WiFi card and client software are you using for LEAP authentication? I use a WiFi card in my Axim, but it doesn't support LEAP, which is what we use at work....I thought LEAP was Cisco proprietary....

Thanks!
KCT

dave3
09-06-2003, 03:27 AM
Kevin,
as posted above I use the ipaq 5555 which has both wifi and bluetooth built in. Hp has managed to get leap to work although from my understanding it doesnt support advanced features like tkip (I believe this is where they sort of 'rotate the shields' ie change the wep key often). Before I was very down on the 5555 as I was fearing having to wait 10+ months for leap implimentation. But now that leap is here I can use it at school 5 days a week so this is cool!