View Full Version : finicky 802.11 config.

dave3
09-05-2003, 08:40 PM
Ok,
All I have been trying to do is set up a simple dual nic connection with windows xp. The 1st nic is built into the computer and is plugged into the internet with ics turned on. The second nic is a wireless 802.11b usr model. everything appears to be setup correctly and yet the little 2 computer screen icon only the left one blinks blue. Therefore I believe I have a problem with my firewall setup. This setup worked for a while but all of a sudden it stopped. I am open to suggestions (maybe I should even ditch this stupid setup and get another wireless setup with routing and external antenna jack built in?)

dave3
09-07-2003, 01:19 AM
update I bought a linksys befw11s4 router. Got it up and running in minutes. Replaced one antenna with a 3db+ omni (one one side only). Now the only problem is that I am not getting the coverage I would have hoped. Any config and antenna suggestions?

also when I went to config it I noticed the firmware version was blank! Said that date was april something. Is it normal for firmware info. to be missing like that?