View Full Version : Good SMS application? (replacement for Fun SMS)

teq
09-05-2003, 01:45 PM
Step by step, I'm finding replacements for my old Palm applications. What I haven't found so far is a decent PPC SMS software. On my Palm, I have been using Fun SMS which is an extremely cool software in combination with my T68i.

I've tried SMS Manager from Pocket Presence (because I had received a software coupon together with my H2210), but it really sucks - doesn't seem to run correctly under PPC 2003 :cry: Just makes you wonder why HP offers this as a download...

So, anybody know a decent SMS manager for PPC 2003? It should be easy and fast to use and support at least- sending SMS via bluetooth
- long/short SMS
- selecting contacts from a list (and please select the mobile phone number, not the first one it finds like SMS Manager did!)
- forms
- show name of senders in inbox (if sender's number is in contact list)Thanks,
teq

BTW: In case your interested, that's my current list of Palm software that I had been using and the replacement I've found so far on my 2210:
- Datebook 5 -> Pocket Informant :) I like it, but I miss the category icons in week view...
- Splash Photo -> Splash Photo :? is it just me, or does this one support less colors on the PPC?
- Stock Manager -> Stock Manager :D 1:1 port, great
- Secret -> eWallet 8) cool, should have used that on the Palm already
- Palm Reader Pro -> MS Reader :| not that sure yet - but I need it to read those free MS ebooks...

ChristopherTD
09-05-2003, 02:38 PM
I discovered EasySMS just this week. It works nicely for me sending via BT and extracting numbers from the Contacts database.

It is free and can be found here

http://www.siedler-net.de/WinCE/easySMS/

Max Kirichenko
09-11-2003, 08:03 AM
I'm not sure if this will suit your needs, but anyway try QuickContact PRO from VITO Technology: http://vitotechnology.com/products/product_90.html

teq
09-30-2003, 08:12 PM
Hm, strange, from the small number of answers it seems to me that SMS isn't popular among PPC users :?:

Anyway, after looking around for a while I've settled with Simple SMS. It's small, fast and covers most of my needs. :)

I do miss a few aspects (compared to FUN SMS), e.g. categories for ingoing/outgoing SMS (and tap and hold isn't supported), but all in all things work well enough.

Cheers,
teq

ApoeItoe
09-30-2003, 09:41 PM
Hm, strange, from the small number of answers it seems to me that SMS isn't popular among PPC users :?:

Anyway, after looking around for a while I've settled with Simple SMS. It's small, fast and covers most of my needs. :)

I do miss a few aspects (compared to FUN SMS), e.g. categories for ingoing/outgoing SMS (and tap and hold isn't supported), but all in all things work well enough.

Cheers,
teq

Look for mPhone on handango.com, a pretty good replacement for funsms, the professional even supports logo and ringrone creation.