View Full Version : Two questions, probably easy

alb
09-05-2003, 02:26 AM
Hi, I'm new with the Ipaq, having graduated from a Deluxe Visor.

Regarding storage cards: Is there anything I CANNOT put on the storage card? And can I drag programs over to it that are already on the Ipaq, or do I need to reinstall the programs?

Second question: I've got two programs listed that I can't remove. Wordpicker.exe is one of them. Where do I go to remove this program and do I need to do anything else to get the icon off the Ipaq?

Thanks for your patience in what are probably easy questions.

easylife
09-05-2003, 02:33 AM
Regarding storage cards: Is there anything I CANNOT put on the storage card? And can I drag programs over to it that are already on the Ipaq, or do I need to reinstall the programs?
You can install programs on a storage card, but you need to reinstall them. It's also suggested you make a "My Documents" folder on your storage card as this folder is recognized by different programs as your documents folder. :way to go:

Sven Johannsen
09-05-2003, 04:04 AM
There are some programs that do not like being on a storage card. Some won't actually go there, even though you tell them to and they make a folder. (look through your program folders on the flash card sometime and see if some aren't empty). The general idea is that flash card drivers need to load during startup, i.e. soft reset. If you have programs that need to load support files, or are startup apps themselves, like today screen apps, SIPS, etc. The flash card drivers may not be ready when the program tries to load.

Your situation may dictate what you put on the flash card as well. If you only have one slot, and you change out your flash card, with one having music and the other having programs, probably putting your favorite media player on the programs flash card isn't a good idea.

Think of the PPC more like a PC. You generally can't install a PC program and then just drag the program folder from one place to another and expect the program to function. PPC is the same. There are of course programs on both platforms that are standalone executables that you can stick and run from anywhere.

Brad Adrian
09-05-2003, 04:18 AM
Where do I go to remove this program...?
Have you gone to Start>Settings>System>Remove Programs and tried to uninstall it there? If so, and it's still not completely gone, use File Explorer to make sure the folder it was installed to gets deleted (by using tap-and-hold on the folder icon). Then, use File Explorer and go to Windows/Start Menu/Programs and use tap-and-hold to remove the icon.