View Full Version : When/Where are the reasonably sized, landscape oriented PPCs with hard keyboards?

anthonymoody
09-04-2003, 10:01 PM
I went from a Treo 180 to a 270 to a PPCPE (TMobile), but am seriously considering going back b/c I seriously miss the hard keyboard. I'm considering both the Sony UX50 + a bt phone, as well as the Treo 600.

I'd rather have a flip and twist device (ala the UX50) that runs the PPC OS, but I'm not gonna wait around for long...

Any thoughts?

TM

easylife
09-04-2003, 10:23 PM
Check out this HP prototype :way to go: :
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6317

CTSLICK
09-04-2003, 10:49 PM
The really sad thing is that Intermec made a really cool little device based on an older version of WinCE but it never took off. Its a lot like what you are describing. Go to Ebay and search for Intermec 6651. I've almost bought one twice but I can't quite come up with the spare cash for something that several generations back in terms of processor, memory and OS. But I love the form factor.

Fishie
09-05-2003, 12:33 AM
The really sad thing is that Intermec made a really cool little device based on an older version of WinCE but it never took off. Its a lot like what you are describing. Go to Ebay and search for Intermec 6651. I've almost bought one twice but I can't quite come up with the spare cash for something that several generations back in terms of processor, memory and OS. But I love the form factor.

Thats actually the Sharp telios 7000, Intermec rebranded and sold it in the US for vertical markets.
I used to own one, pretty kick ass device