View Full Version : Pocket PC & Bridges

Weyoun6
09-04-2003, 09:21 PM
Hi again. This is ol' weyoun6 speaking. Now that I have moved into college, I have discovered a slight problem. The IT at my school wants one device per ethernet port, so they can keep track of the antivirus software and stuff. That means that any computer using either a bridge or another device other than the computer in the port will have their network port turned off automatically. Unfortunatly for me, it turns out that activesync or something in it is a network bridge. I had always wondered why I had to tell ZoneAlarm that activesync was ok to sync my device. Please note: This is not Avantgo we are talking about. something in the way activesync connects to the pocket pc acts as a bridge or somthing similar. Now I would like to use Avantgo, but if that is not possible, is there any possible way to work around this so I can synchronize my PPC? Thanks.

easylife
09-04-2003, 10:03 PM
Go into your ActiveSync settings (Tools > Options) and click on the "Rules" tab. At the bottom there is something called "Pass Through" which routes your Internet access to your PPC. Uncheck the box and that's it! 8)

Weyoun6
09-05-2003, 12:06 AM
yah except there is no button to turn of in the rules section

easylife
09-05-2003, 12:13 AM
yah except there is no button to turn of in the rules section
You're right, my bad. :( I thought that the checkmark box was to disable it... 8O Anyways, perhaps you can disconnect from the network when you sync?

Weyoun6
09-05-2003, 12:41 AM
yah but the whole idea behind this post is to see if there is another way

easylife
09-05-2003, 12:45 AM
yah but the whole idea behind this post is to see if there is another way
yah I know... I searched the Help files and I didn't find anything. Perhaps try to switch "The Internet" to "Work" or something... 8O