View Full Version : XDA-developers has done it again!!!!

MacGyver
09-04-2003, 05:54 PM
:D
They have a ROMkitchen available! xda-developers.com/ROMkitchen/

We can create our own ROMs with custom programs which we like. Now comes my problem. I don't have the expertise to use a UNIX system to download my ROM from my T-Mobile PocketPC Phone Edition which has ROM 3.14.40 ENG. Does anyone have any idea where I can get the newest version of this ROM and a way to use the kitchen to save my custom ROM on a Secure Digital Card for flashing? Or maybe an incredible tech guy or girl can donate their time to create a ROM with my favorite programs:

Pocket Informant
Space Reclaimer
Worldmate
Visual Key
PocketMoney
SecondScreen TV
Animated Today
and some wav files that I like to use for notifications

All these files would be burn into my ROM so when I hard reset I don't have to reload them.

Thanks in advance for your help and insights
MacGyver

Jason Dunn
09-04-2003, 07:08 PM
Or maybe an incredible tech guy or girl can donate their time to create a ROM with my favorite programs

Are you asking for people to give you a ROM image loaded with warez? I'm not sure if that's what you're asking...

MacGyver
09-05-2003, 03:40 PM
But it's if not kosher then I'll ask to be taught step by step. Because I have the registered programs and the phone. It's the UNIX ability and my machine are not up to par. But I'm a fast learner.

Also some of the programs have sync files that need to be incorporated to ActiveSync, so if Pocket Informant was burned into my ROM, does it need to put registry items into ActiveSync and Win98SE?

That's just one of many questions this curious newbie needs to answer before attempting the upgrade.
:?

Thanks for any help
MacGyver

bjchantry
09-07-2003, 01:46 PM
I would also consider the fact that programs like Pocket Informant and WorldMate have periodic updates. If it is burned on the ROM you will have to create a new ROM image and do a ROM flash every time you want to update software. 8O If the programs that are being burned into ROM are "mature" and unlikely to change then it is different. I don't know how to do it either, :oops: am interested, but since most of my applications continue to be updated, I don't know how helpful it will be. Sorry I can't be more helpful, just thought I would share these thoughts/cautions with you.